Discussion on Minidsp 2*4 HD

What would you be using it for?

To implement Bass EQ for filtered movies (https://www.avsforum.com/threads/bass-eq-for-filtered-movies.2995212/).

I currently have a minidsp 2*4 balanced, but it is restricted to 5 filters each on the input and output side. The 2*4HD has 10 each on the input and output side, not to mention 4 different presets (useful for switching between normal content watching and BEQ'd stuff and perhaps even for different house curves for movies vs music). The higher 10 filter limit allows one to implement BEQ for all the titles that have been done so far.

The HD version also apparently has a more accurate implementation of the filters in the ULF. And, with the up to 80 ms delay setting possible, I no longer have to mess with the delay control on the back of my JS-12s for delays longer than the 7.2 ms that the balanced unit is restricted to. All in all, the HD is what I should have gotten the first time around. One lives and learns, however.

Spot on. It's a beast of a unit. Brought out the best in my svs sub. Once you start using it there is no going back.

MaSh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back