DIY Helping hands

doors666

Hi Guys,

A few days ago I was trying to make RCA cables using belden 1659A and neutrik connectors. It was a nightmare to hold the cable and connectors in place and use a soldering iron and solder. 4 things, only two hands, was wondering why et al we evolved from monkeys.:lol:

Then I saw on the web this gadget called helping hands which i had trouble sourcing in bangalore, only one guy on SP road said he could probably get one for about 650 bucks, didnt want to spend that much on something so simple. Saw this article on the web to make my own.

Build a Pair of Helping Hands

And here is the one I made. You need a piece of wood. Crocodile clamps and lugs, screw, washer, a wire hanger. most of the stuff is easily available at any electrician's shop. Had a tough time searching for clamps as I was asking for alligator clamps instead of crocodile clamps.:lol:

Here's the final pic, sorry about the bad quality mobile pic.

Last edited:
Great idea! I'm making one stat.

So far, my helping hand (singular) has been a propped-up pair of pliers with a rubber band around the grips to hold it closed around whatever I was working on :lol:

Or toes :D

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back