Docking iPhone to Onkyo HT-S3100

sukhas19

Hi Guys, I want to connect my iPhone's audio to my old Onkyo HT - S3100....I am not getting what type of cable needs to be used?

Any idea?

ontherocks

You need a 3.5mm stereo to RCA cable. Connect the RCA to TV/CD IN of HT-S3100, then from remote select TV/CD under Input Selector.

1806_small.jpg

ravidharap

Do not connect 3.5 mm cable from headphone jack of IPhone to RCA ports, you will get amplified audio from IPhone, instead buy a docking cradle for approximate Rs 200/- connect EP-RCA from cradle to your HT ports, this will give you good sound quality

I Love Tapatalk on my IPhone

sukhas19

Do not connect 3.5 mm cable from headphone jack of IPhone to RCA ports, you will get amplified audio from IPhone, instead buy a docking cradle for approximate Rs 200/- connect EP-RCA from cradle to your HT ports, this will give you good sound quality

Can you please tell me where can i buy the docking cradle?

ravidharap

If u r in Mumbai, u can get it from heera Panna or Alfa, else eBay or any other online portals, "search word = iphone dock" don't pay more than Rs 200/- for the device, shipping charges extra

sukhas19

If u r in Mumbai, u can get it from heera Panna or Alfa, else eBay or any other online portals, "search word = iphone dock" don't pay more than Rs 200/- for the device, shipping charges extra

I searched in ebay...nothing is available in this price range....

LIGHTNING DOCKING STATION DOCK FOR APPLE iPhone 5 iPod / Touch Data Sync Charger | eBay

Also i am not clear about the docking systems. How it gets connected to my home theatre system?

baijuxavior

From the product description:

7.Enjoy your music from iPhone by using a stereto audio cable to connet the dock to a stereto or speakers

Usually cables with 3.5mm pins are called stereo cables. Usually these docks use 3.5 mm out so you will still need 3.5 mm to 2 RCA cable to connect to AVR. But it is better to order the cable after checking the audio output option of the dock.

ravidharap

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357910607.391611.jpg this one I was talking about, and yes you still need to use stereo cable to connect with your system.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.