Does calibration of speakers and projector done by professional help

girishtd8262

Hi all I have denon 3600 .I have done audessey calibration for of 7.1.2 setup.
Now,the question is does professional calibration help in improving sound quality. I know one person sound engineer( now he is in Bangalore) who does this.his professional charges are 1500 per speaker .about 6 yrs back he had done it for my old setup ,took nearly 3 hrs to do that.but at that time I was beginner with ht and my room acoustics was v bad only full length little thick curtains. Honestly I wasn't aware how a good sound seperation ,bass ,heard like.but now with upgraded my entire ht with proper acoustics
Epson 9400
Dali opticon 8 LR,opticon vokal
And surrounds also from dali
.will be adding saptak 3 channel power amp shortly for LCR and 2 more Atmos channel
So ii's 7.2.4swtup.
Rhythmic fv 15 hp subwoofer
Is it worth getting calibration of speakers done by professional.
Your advice will be much appreciated.thanks in advance .need your suggestions before venturing for it

I think its worthwhile. The price you are saying is very reasonable if he is good.

The ones I know of charge a bomb, and with no references, so hard to judge.

If you have access to a UMIK and REW do also measure your responses before and after callibration so you are able to have a definite measure of the improvements.

He is a sound engineer.last I observed his work and looked to be v professional.had brought some gadgets with him .did it leisurely didn't hurry through.i could see some differences post calibration like sound seperation but was beginner at that time.hsd v minimal knowledge
Only for calibration not installation he took aornd 3 hrs for which I was satisfied of his efforts

Now,the question is does professional calibration help in improving sound quality. I know one person sound engineer( now he is in Bangalore) who does this.his professional charges are 1500 per speaker .about 6 yrs back he had done it for my old setup ,took nearly 3 hrs to do that.but at that time I was beginner with ht and my room acoustics was v bad only full length little thick curtains. Honestly I wasn't aware how a good sound seperation ,bass ,heard like.but now with upgraded my entire ht with proper acoustics
Epson 9400
.will be adding saptak 3 channel power amp shortly for LCR and 2 more Atmos channel
So ii's 7.2.4swtup.
Your advice will be much appreciated.thanks in advance .need your suggestions before venturing for it
My sincere advice to any one wanting to play the audiophile game would be to start off with an audiogram at any major hospital or well known hearing aid centre. A well spent thousand or so

Most people I know graduated to buying high end gear after abusing their ears with lot of loud music during college and would be showing signs of that

Knowing what you can actually hear after all the abuse and age related hearing frequency loss will go a long way in deciding what to buy and how much to spend

You will never hear what you can't hear!

My sincere advice to any one wanting to play the audiophile game would be to start off with an audiogram at any major hospital or well known hearing aid centre. A well spent thousand or so

Most people I know graduated to buying high end gear after abusing their ears with lot of loud music during college and would be showing signs of that

Knowing what you can actually hear after all the abuse and age related hearing frequency loss will go a long way in deciding what to buy and how much to spend

You will never hear what you can't hear!
Well said. Unfortunately, there is a reluctance within the Audiophile community to acknowledge this Fact.

Epson 9400
So ii's 7.2.4swtup.
Yes better to do after completing all setup.
( addition of all gears like Power amps,subs etc.)

For an amateur it would take a couple of years to experiment and try out in getting the audio and video calibration right. Whereas a true professional calibrator can do a good job in just a couple of hours. It is truly worth it if you care for absolute best picture and sound.

Epson 9400
So ii's 7.2.4swtup.
Depending upon a person's limitation, professional intervention is worthwhile if one looks to utilize the full benefit of the equipment.

Depending upon a person's limitation, professional intervention is worthwhile if one looks to utilize the full benefit of the equipment.

Full benefit according to who? Arbitrary standards decided by people to make production easier and sell equipment to the gullible masses? If so then by all means one should get "professional" help.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back