Does Power Factor Matter?

Actually it is an interaction of the load with the power. Now if the load is highly inductive then the current will lag the voltage and the power factor is decided by the angle of lag. Further, if the load is capacitive it is vice versa and then there will be leading pf. Different areas can have different power factor as the same is dependant on the load of the area.

Load either generates VAR (capacitive) or consumes VAR (inductive) which in turn decides the power factor. Hope I have clarified the doubts.

Hi
I had a problem with the sudden surge in voltage until Reliance replaced the 3 phase mains, I suggest you use a 4A fuse (original rating) with a stabiliser, a fuse is meant to protect your amp against fluctuations in voltage by using a higher rated fuse you are defeating the purpose of protection, leaving the amp open to component burnout/failure.
Wlg

Dude juss replace ur fuse with 4Amperes one....and buy one decent stabiliser...i wud rather say go for power conditioner...it will improve sound quality too

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back