Does WDTV have a simple LR 2.1 audio out?

frnd08

Does WDTV or WDTV Live have a simple 2.1 LR audio out via composite (RCA)? I need this info since I dont have a hi end speaker system.

Does WDTV or WDTV Live have a simple 2.1 LR audio out via composite (RCA)? I need this info since I dont have a hi end speaker system.

IT requires an audio receiver for multi-channel surround sound digital output. Otherwise you can use the AV out port with your RCA cable.

HDMI can send both Audio and Video so yes Your TV will have Sound and Video as well.

No Need to Connect the RCA ones :)

wouldve loved it if there was a way to connect my old HT with RCA cables. whats the RCA on the WDTV for? Only video out?

kindly explain this to me.

WDTV has an analog out, right? But its just one port. No L and R. How will that be stereo?

i need to clear this up before i purchase. so kindly help.

wouldve loved it if there was a way to connect my old HT with RCA cables. whats the RCA on the WDTV for? Only video out?

AN RCA is the Left Right Audio Port Available in Almost all HTs
WD will surely come with a cable to connect to HT

wdfWDTV_LivePlus.jpg

Component AV cable can connect to your HT

You can also Look at Xtreamer in case you are looking for a classic LR audio Out.

I have one and am quite happy with it.
Dolby-true-hd.jpg

got it! :) thanks guys, so now i can use video via HDMI to my LCD and audio from the analog out to my oldy goldie HT.

but i hear that WDTV has serious MKV issues! has it been solved yet?

and how about xtreamer? better than wdtv?

and is it worth going for the wd tv live? after all we dont have netflix etc in India. and youtube watching on bsnl connection is...hahaha :D

just one more thing. will i get any audio out via RCA while playing blu rays? or will the audio outs be only during mp3/dvd rip playback.

Last edited:
and is it worth going for the wd tv live? after all we dont have netflix etc in India. and youtube watching on bsnl connection is...hahaha :D

not Getting into whole WDTV Vs Xtreamer I don't think there has been issues with MKV playback with WDTV. Xtreamer has none I know that.

Net-streaming is not something I use widely but good to have for Future.

My suggestion
Go for live and Not Live Plus.

Live
WD TV Live HD Media Player ( WDBAAN0000NBK )

Live Plus
WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player ( WDBABX0000NBK )

Dont ever go for Western Digital WD TV Mini Media Player, Its not Full HD

eBay India: Western Digital WD TV Mini Media Player (item 170554688587 end time 30-Oct-2010 09:00:00 IST)

just one more thing. will i get any audio out via RCA while playing blu rays? or will the audio outs be only during mp3/dvd rip playback.

You will get 2 Channel Downmuxed sound from RCA even for Bur Ray Playback.

One thing how are you planning to play a blue ray ???

Via a Blue USB Drive or Blue Rays Ripped on PC.

got it! :) thanks guys, so now i can use video via HDMI to my LCD and audio from the analog out to my oldy goldie HT.

but i hear that WDTV has serious MKV issues! has it been solved yet?

and how about xtreamer? better than wdtv?

what mkv isues? my first gn wdtv plays all mkvs thrown to it?

not Getting into whole WDTV Vs Xtreamer I

You will get 2 Channel Downmuxed sound from RCA even for Bur Ray Playback.

One thing how are you planning to play a blue ray ???

Via a Blue USB Drive or Blue Rays Ripped on PC.

i will be using external hard drive via USB for blu ray stuff.

WD TV 2nd Generation (Not Live) has Stereo RCA white /Red. Just simple to connect any L/R channel without decoder. As far I know it plays all type of file flawlessly. Not sure about Live version.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back