Dolby Atmos : the next evolution in 2.0 stereo?

Op is so overdamatic and elliptical post. Talk about hyping up the os you are fan of.

Spotify had already announced that it will have hires by end of the year. Apple just introduced it few months before. Now it is going to have a long lasting disruption? For years to come? Seriously?

Atmos seriously a revolution or an innovation? First of all it is just gimmicky and gives people a headache when heard for long. Secondly it has been available for years. Have you heard those 8d videos on youtube? You can see the number of views there is probably 10x the number of apple music subscribers across the world and that didn't bring about any revolution.
SACD has never disturbed the 2 channel market...So it is nothing will ever...

Op is so overdamatic and elliptical post. Talk about hyping up the os you are fan of.

Spotify had already announced that it will have hires by end of the year. Apple just introduced it few months before. Now it is going to have a long lasting disruption? For years to come? Seriously?

Atmos seriously a revolution or an innovation? First of all it is just gimmicky and gives people a headache when heard for long. Secondly it has been available for years. Have you heard those 8d videos on youtube? You can see the number of views there is probably 10x the number of apple music subscribers across the world and that didn't bring about any revolution.
I may agree, perhaps in a future, if it do turns out to be gimmicky.

But right now, at this crossroad, I just dont want to downplay Apple ( no I am not an apple fanboy. My device is limited to a an iPad pro and an apple TV).

But let's accept this fact : what apple do ....does have an industry wide effect/impact. The 3.5 mm jack for example. Tidal might know what I mean.:)

So my OPs perspective is towards how Apple music with an ongoing Dolby Atmos offerings could induce a consumer wide effect which will lead (or may not lead to ) an industry wide impact.......which off course will an impact on AUDIOPHILIA where audiophiles like it or not.

Yes, I had already said I may be wrong. (But I have been right for many things which I observed 10-20 years ago. So yes it may be a narcissistic notion to share this OP :D )

But let's accept this fact : what apple do ....does have an industry wide effect/impact.
Except when it doesn't. Apple maps,apple thunderbolt, apple tv, apple tv+, announcing to the world that big screen phones will never be useful in the world, making fun of stylus based tablets, sticking to slow charging, sticking to lightning cable, sticking to low frequency screens

Apple TV outputs Dolby Atmos.

And I find the new masters in Apple music much better to listen at. My HT with denon and Klipsch speakers sounds much better for music now.....than my 2.0 system. Off course it depends on the mastering.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back