DOMINO Phono Preamp by Tisbury Audio

parthabhatta

I recently (10 days back) bought the DOMINO phono preamp after reading here and here. The device is with a small footprint and sounds great. I am not a good reviewer, but just wanted to give my feelings / experiences about the gadget.
The total landing cost at my home in West Bengal was Rs.21600.00 approx (Device + shipping - 139GBP+25.19GBP - around 15800.00 plus customs duty of 5800.00)
It is connected to a basic Pyle Pro PLTTB1 TT running a Shure M44G cartridge fitted with a M44-7 stylus into my CA 540R V2 receiver. When comparing to CNC (1/3 the cost + shipping of DOMINO) the bass lines appear marginally more deeper and well defined, trebles much smoother and airy. Above all, I run it at 40db gain settings which is more than enough and the gain is much higher than CNC with better noise levels. The old records sound quieter and with less pops and clicks.
It is marketed as a universal preamp, capable of running any cartridge with minimum 0.13mv output (as per official manual). So I am thinking of buying a Denon DL-103 LOMC for running with the preamp.
In one word, it is a marvelous preamp and worth buying, more so, if anybody travelling to UK can carry it while returning. One more thing, the device is hand made in UK.
Last but not the least, the CNC is hell of a preamp and unbeatable at the cost at which it can be built.
Regards,
Partha

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back