Don't BUY everything which don't have HDMI 2.1+ ports

RocK4EveR

****... Yes,,,,if u r buying something now then it's just the **** ,,,, because in soon,,, in couple. Of months,,, all brands upgrade to hdmi 2.1 ports. WITHOUT it all u r HIFI gear become Handycap just because the inefficiency of present hdmi 2.0 port's.

So BAN them all immediately then only the companies start producing them as soon as possible.

I know some ppl here try to talk all against me but they r here for time pass and they really don't know about anything about tech. and what for about this forum,,,, they only talk **** out of the topic...

Just BAN and Don't BUY everything that had a HDMI port.

Moderator Note:
Please mind your language if you want to continue on this forum.
You are required to be respectful of others on here.
And unless you are an industry expert you should tone done your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
IS MY NEW TV ABOUT TO BECOME OBSOLETE?

Absolutely not. If your TV supports 4K UHD resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR)— or even just 4K — it is far from obsolescence.

If you bought your TV within the past couple of years, you’re good to go for a while.
It’s true that HDMI 2.1 opens up a wealth of new possibilities, which we’ll get into shortly, but we’re years from even our first glimpse of most of those potential features, and even then, it will be years more until specs like 8K resolution and 4K at 120Hz are anywhere close to mainstream.

Bottom line: If you bought your TV within the past couple of years, you’re good to go for a while. What if you’re on the verge of buying a new TV now, you ask, and thinking about waiting until HDMI 2.1 comes out? Don’t. You’ll be waiting for a while for it to come out in the first place, and the benefits of HDMI 2.1 will come in as a trickle, not a stream.

Source: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/hdmi-explained-everything-you-need-to-know-news-specs/

DUMP... Yes,,,,if u r buying something now then it's just the DUMP,,,, because in soon,,, in couple. Of months,,, all brands upgrade to hdmi 2.1 ports. WITHOUT it all u r HIFI gear become Handycap just because the inefficiency of present hdmi 2.0 port's.

So BAN them all immediately then only the companies start producing them as soon as possible.

I know some ppl here try to talk all against me but they r here for time pass and they really don't know about anything about tech. and what for about this forum,,,, they only talk shit all nonsense out of the topic...

:eek::rolleyes:

****... Yes,,,,if u r buying something now then it's just the **** ,,,, because in soon,,, in couple. Of months,,, all brands upgrade to hdmi 2.1 ports. WITHOUT it all u r HIFI gear become Handycap just because the inefficiency of present hdmi 2.0 port's.

I know some ppl here try to talk all against me but they r here for time pass and they really don't know about anything about tech. and what for about this forum,,,, they only talk **** out of the topic...

Moderator Note:
Please mind your language if you want to continue on this forum.
You are also required to be respectful of others on here.
And unless you are an industry expert you should tone done your opinions.
Hi ,
No body is going to stop buying if hdmi 2.1 is not important to them.
Your concern is about HDMI 2.1 .it does not mean that we can intimate the companies by stop buying hdmi 2.0 version models.
But the companies can intimate to us clearly till they clear the stock it is not easy to buy hdmi 2.1model by increasing the hdmi 2.1 compatible as huge price difference.
Ultimately we cannot wait for 2-3yrs for the price to come down for hdmi 2.1
IMO.
Necessity always over comes priority I believe .imo

i dont think anything ever get obsolete as conversion adapters are easily available from anything to anything. I thought the same about my AVR1604 vintage AV receiver of model year 2003 as it just had SPDIF & Optical input and output. Now you get HDMI to optical and SPDIF / USB to optical converter etc. - also HDMI to component is available. I am using these handy adapters and still using my AVR to its full potential.

So there will be an adapter for HDMI2.1 to HDMI 2.0 - no worries.

Whenever there is a challenge coming up...surely enough in a short time some solution will always come up.

Haha, I'm the only one with a 4K TV in all of the circles I move in and you're telling people like me to not upgrade.

Most of the world is still on 480p, 720p, or 1080p and that goes for content too.

And yes, the sky is always falling somewhere and for someone.

I dont think hdmi 2.1+ is a costly one,,,, it's just an upgrade and affordable one,,,, if companies try to use it as fortune making feature then we r not fools to buy it,,,, any gadget with hdmi must be 2.1+ version to survive from 2019 onwards,,, AV enthusiasts until now enjoyed 7.2 r looking forward to enjoy the extra speakers/channels that Dolby atmos bringing to our homes,,, it's just a compulsory feature from, now onwards.

Instead of talking against me, think for few minutes about the problem and understand and support me, who is trying to aware and alerting the customer and same time the companies to bring it immediately without fooling the customer,,,, there is no need to hide it coz the brands /companies done mistake here about it. As the hdmi 2.1 officially launched in December 2017,,,they must wait and adopt and bring it to us, but they already launched 2018 models without careing about customers,,,, they thought all of us like fools,,, here we have to come together and ban them all and teach them a lesson.
Still don't agree with me then go and buy one then in soon u realise it.

IS MY NEW TV ABOUT TO BECOME OBSOLETE?

Absolutely not. If your TV supports 4K UHD resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR)— or even just 4K — it is far from obsolescence.

If you bought your TV within the past couple of years, you’re good to go for a while.
It’s true that HDMI 2.1 opens up a wealth of new possibilities, which we’ll get into shortly, but we’re years from even our first glimpse of most of those potential features, and even then, it will be years more until specs like 8K resolution and 4K at 120Hz are anywhere close to mainstream.

Bottom line: If you bought your TV within the past couple of years, you’re good to go for a while. What if you’re on the verge of buying a new TV now, you ask, and thinking about waiting until HDMI 2.1 comes out? Don’t. You’ll be waiting for a while for it to come out in the first place, and the benefits of HDMI 2.1 will come in as a trickle, not a stream.

Source: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/hdmi-explained-everything-you-need-to-know-news-specs/

What kinda a gear u have,,,,, hope u got all HIFI worth billions,,,, thats gr8,,,, I think in today's world BluRay is dead, just like magnetic tape. I hate that motor spinning tech. Now when we have HDD and SSD. companies still hanging with BluRay just because they r helpless to control privacy and they have some hope of business just because they r still ppl r buying it besides how expensive they are. Now try to play mkv with Dolby atmos and send the audio part to u r amp Via TV hdmi arc....u won't get atmos,,, All u r GEAR become waste simply bcoz of hdmi 2.0,, but it is already 6 months over after hdmi 2.1 released,,,, but no gadzet got it,,,, do u know WHY?
JUST BECAUSE THE COMPANIES/BRANDS THINK THAT CUSTOMERS ARE FOOLS.

So let's teach them a lesson by BAN them all.

Ridiculous! That's like saying people should only buy electric cars and not petrol or diesel. Or just 4k TV, not 1080p.

This is a SMALL India based consumer forum. We are neither in a position to ban anything nor to have the slightest influence on nation (or world) wide buying patterns.

So, Sir, please calm down. You might influence more forum members if you merely suggest in a more amicable and civilized, if I may, manner that we look for HDMI 2.1 when buying new products rather than you over the top style which would, in my opinion, merely turn away readers, the very people you are trying to address.

Meanwhile it would be good if you did some research on the subject.
From what I see, 2.1 is still some way off becoming mainstream and it's going to be backward compatible. So no worries, I think.
As for me, all my HT products are of 2013. So I am probably on 1.4a. Never bothered me :).
https://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/hdmi-tv-201712194520.htm
https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-2-1-is-here-but-dont-worry-about-it-now/
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/hdmi-explained-everything-you-need-to-know-news-specs/

What kinda a gear u have,,,,, hope u got all HIFI worth billions,,,, thats gr8,,,, I think in today's world BluRay is dead, just like magnetic tape. I hate that motor spinning tech. Now when we have HDD and SSD. companies still hanging with BluRay just because they r helpless to control privacy and they have some hope of business just because they r still ppl r buying it besides how expensive they are. Now try to play mkv with Dolby atmos and send the audio part to u r amp Via TV hdmi arc....u won't get atmos,,, All u r GEAR become waste simply bcoz of hdmi 2.0,, but it is already 6 months over after hdmi 2.1 released,,,, but no gadzet got it,,,, do u know WHY?
JUST BECAUSE THE COMPANIES/BRANDS THINK THAT CUSTOMERS ARE FOOLS.

So let's teach them a lesson by BAN them all.

Let me tell you a secret, HDMI 2.1 is not the end of world. Before 2.1 devices come out, the 2.2 or 3.0 specs will be out. There is always something very shiny around the corner but none is perfect. If you play the wait game based on what is available tomorrow, it is a never ending game.

Having said that, 2.1 is the first version which takes streaming hi res content seriously and defines TV as the aggregation device rather than AVR or streamer and hence could be deemed important. But cheap accessory boxes like the Android TV boxes will come will streaming and 2.1 support and these can be easily attached to the 2.0 TV's without issues. All imo.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back