Downloading/Converting to mp3 songs.

deep_blues

This sounds really old school but I have a sony mp3 headset for swimming & I want to transfer mp3 songs to it.
Is it possible to convert from spotify/youtube (have premium accounts) or how does one do this these days? Thanks!

For the music apps with subscription model, the content will be encrypted. It can be played only on their apps.

For YouTube, one can extract the audio using 3rd party software.
I have used YouTube-dl on my Linux machine. It’s a open source, command line tool based on python. It allows you to extract audio in different formats.
Last time I used it, I ran into lot of issues related to python versions and took a while to fix them.
There are many online YouTube audio extractors but I wouldn’t trust them. They can inject malware and other malicious programs along with the audio file.

The legit way is to purchase the songs which will let you download the files in a standard format that can be played in any standard media player.
I haven’t purchased any songs in digital format so I will let others recommend where to purchase songs.

This sounds really old school but I have a sony mp3 headset for swimming & I want to transfer mp3 songs to it.
Is it possible to convert from spotify/youtube (have premium accounts) or how does one do this these days? Thanks!
Please search through internet, there is a free program that lets you record in mp3, whatever is played on computer. You can build a playlist, play throughout night and then this recorder will would record your songs in multiple mp3s.

Please search through internet, there is a free program that lets you record in mp3, whatever is played on computer. You can build a playlist, play throughout night and then this recorder will would record your songs in multiple mp3s.
Oh. I didn't know this trick!
I did a quick search and looks like Audacity software can do this.

I can tell you for you tube as I have done it many times. The process is little long. First if you are using pc and using Mozilla firefox browser you can go to add on section and install you tube downloader. It will be part of your browser and whenever you play any content from you tube it will give you option of download (video 720p max resolution). This file can be further converted by help of software like format factory or some other appropriate conversion software into a mp3 format file. With format factory you can also convert higher bitrate file like 196 and above or some other higher format. Then this file can be transferred to you sony mp3 player. For spotify I am not aware of any method.

Converting from YT or other streaming apps downloads might be illegal, kindly check. There are still sites from where you can purchase mp3 files but the cost feels unreasonable in a world where at Rs 99 pm one can get lossless streaming of almost any recorded song one desires.

There’s a reason they say, ‘Content is King’. As content and its distribution platforms have evolved, some of the old hardware we loved keeps getting obsolete fast - almost every 5-6 years. I have a Creative mp3 player I loved and used a lot in the 00’s and still works well. Many have iPods that was almost like an appendage back then. Except for nostalgic/vintage reasons it becomes difficult to justify using them anymore. The effort as well as opportunity loss keeps increasing every passing year.

Are there any waterproof headsets that stream? Or at least support streaming apps on which you can download your favourites and take along with you for the swimming session?

Oh. I didn't know this trick!
I did a quick search and looks like Audacity software can do this.
Today, I tried recording audio in Audacity, and it worked. The only catch is, it requires significant effort to monitor the recording, stop, and restart for each new song. Otherwise, you'll end up with one extensive audio file containing all the songs, making it challenging to skip through them seamlessly.
Several times, the recordings got corrupted after a few minutes into the recording. Unsure why it happened. Needs more digging.
So you can't just leave it overnight to continuously record.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back