DVD Recorder to attach to Tata Sky Plus

Pratters

Let me first say I have no idea about DVD recorders. But I sure want one as I want to record all of the upcoming India-South Africa test series which is a few months away.

I want a DVD recorder which attaches to my TATA Sky Plus, can record play the live matches at the same time and also record stuff when I am not sitting in front of the TV.

I also have a projector setup which is connected to my Tata Sky to watch live sports.

I already have Tata Sky Plus but want some thing which I can export to my external hard disk.

My brother is coming from the US in August, so I can get whatever DVD recorder as long as I can have the assurance it will work in India.

If it also has a DVD player which plays upscales nicely upto 1080p and is region free, that's a plus but not an essential requirement.

Kindly help. You guys rock. :)

How will it attach to Tata Sky or Tata Sky Plus? How much memory does it have or do I have to attach an external hard disk to record content in it?

Are there other cheap/costly good DVD recorder solutions which can record off Tata Sky while I don't watch the match at the same time? I can use the Tata Sky in the other room to record while the Tata Sky Plus in my room to view live. That's a good way to go maybe. Which players would meet this requirement?

Additionally, if the player can record from Dish TV too, that's a bonus as I have Dish at my factory in UP.

How will I get it available in India? Amazon UK doesn't ship the item to India and I can't find the item any where else.

Last edited:
Let me first say I have no idea about DVD recorders. But I sure want one as I want to record all of the upcoming India-South Africa test series which is a few months away.
I want a DVD recorder which attaches to my TATA Sky Plus, can record play the live matches at the same time and also record stuff when I am not sitting in front of the TV.
I also have a projector setup which is connected to my Tata Sky to watch live sports.
I already have Tata Sky Plus but want some thing which I can export to my external hard disk.
My brother is coming from the US in August, so I can get whatever DVD recorder as long as I can have the assurance it will work in India.
If it also has a DVD player which plays upscales nicely upto 1080p and is region free, that's a plus but not an essential requirement.
Kindly help. You guys rock. :)

I think I suggested you the same in this thread......
http://www.hifivision.com/blu-ray-d...ers/10130-difference-between-1080i-1080p.html

Anyway it was SONY D995 ........... Also instead of DVD recorder I would again suggest HDD based recorder very much like AC Ryan PlayOn DVR!

16iv77o.jpg

^^ lol the one listed above......"with" a pic as well... :)

I contacted the concerned shop in Bangalore given in their international site. They are saying they have stopped producing this DVD and a new upgraded version will be available in 2-3 weeks. I can wait till then no problem as I am in UP for 2 months and not going back to Calcutta any time soon.

How much approx will this cost? Will I be able to export recorded media to an external drive? Will it work with Tata Sky/Tata Sky Plus?

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back