Edifier Owners Thread

Rca not sure whats the issue but optical that sounds correct. From whatever I have read about them (I don't have any yet) the edifiers cannot decode dolby or dts via optical. Only pcm signals. Owners can correct me if I am wrong.

In my wdtv live media player, i have to set the hdmi signal passthrough to pcm 2 channel manually. It accepts even dolby truehd signals and converts it to pcm.
In my firetv i just select best possible in audio settings and it decodes any signal and converts it to pcm automatically.
Both via optical cable. It will work the same with coax cable too.

I bought the Edifier R1855DB 2.0 recently and quite happy with the purchase. my main purpose was to connect to TV for every day listening which includes mixed content and Blu ray player for playing USB movies. For its price of about 15K, it provides best connectivity options among its peers of Edifier and non edifier brands- Bluetooth, 2 pair of Analog RCA, 1 Optical 1 Coaxial as well as 1 subwoofer out for optional Sub. My main concern was I wanted to completely avoid Using its own remote while using only TV remote for volume so it should remember to remain powered on by itself, keep my last input selected and retain same/close volume levels last used in case of power failure/power cycle and it does it well with zero sound pops or any other disturbing sounds. speaker interconnecting cable is really shockingly very long almost can be kept 15 feet apart. Bass and treble connections located at back. With just one LED dot in the front (which changes exacly as minimum required with colors and blinks for every input change and volume level change), Looks very very simple with all black- bland look to fool anyone that it doesnt deliver anything other than one plain connection and basic sound. Great buy

Anyone with experience of the Edifier R2850db. 3-way active speakers with 8 inch woofer.

Ordered Edifier R2850DB based on online reviews. Buying this primarily for tv (instead of soundbar) for movies along with some music listening.

Are there any other owners? Is there a subwoofer needed for movies? Please share your experience

I own a R1700BT for almost 2 years and have recently paired it with a Edifier T5 Subwoofer. I use PC. Thinking about a upgrade, stuck between getting a external DAC or a better bookshelf speaker (S3000 Pro or Airpluse A300 Pro). Any suggestions? Im thinking about selling my whole current setup.

Ordered Edifier R2850DB based on online reviews. Buying this primarily for tv (instead of soundbar) for movies along with some music listening.

Are there any other owners? Is there a subwoofer needed for movies? Please share your experience
Post your review

Post your review
I recently moved houses so was looking for a soundbar for my tv. Wasn't finding anything worthwhile. I already have a setup in my home pioneer AJ series paired with a yamaha reciever. With the prices of similar setup prices off the roof currently. I wanted something light on my pocket. Went for multiple soundbar tests but i didn't like anything at 20-30k pricepoint. Finally bought edifier 2850 at 26k. Note that this was a downgrade for my ears. For tv soundbar replacement this is amazing at this price point. Woofer is a bit boomy. The speakers are huge so make sure you have the space. I watch movies / shows for long hours. No need to buy a woofer separately. For music i find them bass heavy and lose out details so i stick to my headphones. The remote is really bad. Overall i am ok with what I bought as a soundbar replacement.

I recently moved houses so was looking for a soundbar for my tv. Wasn't finding anything worthwhile. I already have a setup in my home pioneer AJ series paired with a yamaha reciever. With the prices of similar setup prices off the roof currently. I wanted something light on my pocket. Went for multiple soundbar tests but i didn't like anything at 20-30k pricepoint. Finally bought edifier 2850 at 26k. Note that this was a downgrade for my ears. For tv soundbar replacement this is amazing at this price point. Woofer is a bit boomy. The speakers are huge so make sure you have the space. I watch movies / shows for long hours. No need to buy a woofer separately. For music i find them bass heavy and lose out details so i stick to my headphones. The remote is really bad. Overall i am ok with what I bought as a soundbar replacement.
Same here... I watch movies/series for long hours.
Now using Swans M200MKII for my PC.
I like to add one more set for TV...Other than any in your list next to edifier 2850. Let me know

I own a R1700BT for almost 2 years and have recently paired it with a Edifier T5 Subwoofer. I use PC. Thinking about a upgrade, stuck between getting a external DAC or a better bookshelf speaker (S3000 Pro or Airpluse A300 Pro). Any suggestions? Im thinking about selling my whole current setup.
Hi, how's ur feedback regarding the T5 ? Is it worth going for it instead of the bigger powered ones. Was planning on a setup identical to yours and on the verge of buying. Ur inputs would be highly appreciated. TIA...

Folks , Need suggestion on Bookshelf/Tower speaker . My requirement is mainly to listen to music wirelessly . Hence need latest Bluetooth 5+ versions . I like moderate bass but the echo/humming sound of bass. My budget is around 15K INR . The following Edifier Model are available in Amazon.

R1280DBs
R1700BTs
R1855DB

Can you suggest which one would be a pick for my taste and long term reliability . If there are any other online reliable market place to buy speakers let me know or any other brand models within this price bracket . Thanks.

Folks , Need suggestion on Bookshelf/Tower speaker . My requirement is mainly to listen to music wirelessly . Hence need latest Bluetooth 5+ versions . I like moderate bass but the echo/humming sound of bass. My budget is around 15K INR . The following Edifier Model are available in Amazon.

R1280DBs
R1700BTs
R1855DB

Can you suggest which one would be a pick for my taste and long term reliability . If there are any other online reliable market place to buy speakers let me know or any other brand models within this price bracket . Thanks.
The above models from edifier are value for money. Make sure the connectivity options and Bluetooth version before finalizing. Model name ends with DBs means digital, Bluetooth with subwoofer out. BTs means just Bluetooth with sub out, it goes like that...

I am using 1700 bt for my TV and I am quite satisfied with the sound it produces.

The above models from edifier are value for money. Make sure the connectivity options and Bluetooth version before finalizing. Model name ends with DBs means digital, Bluetooth with subwoofer out. BTs means just Bluetooth with sub out, it goes like that...

I am using 1700 bt for my TV and I am quite satisfied with the sound it produces.
Thanks . Any idea on the sound characteristics difference between the R1280DBs & R1855DB ? which one will be more suited for music . How is the Bass delivery ?

Thanks . Any idea on the sound characteristics difference between the R1280DBs & R1855DB ? which one will be more suited for music . How is the Bass delivery ?
I haven't heard any of the above two models.. but the 1700bt which I am having is more similar to the 1855db except the connectivity part. So assuming it may sound similar to 1700bt, which is having descent bass and nice midrange. Bluetooth reception range and quality is also acceptable. One thing which is bad about it is the remote control, which might be improved with the 1855db version.

What I read about 1280 model is it's with less bass than the 1700 or 1855 models .. it's strength is the midrange.

I haven't heard any of the above two models.. but the 1700bt which I am having is more similar to the 1855db except the connectivity part. So assuming it may sound similar to 1700bt, which is having descent bass and nice midrange. Bluetooth reception range and quality is also acceptable. One thing which is bad about it is the remote control, which might be improved with the 1855db version.

What I read about 1280 model is it's with less bass than the 1700 or 1855 models .. it's strength is the midrange.
And r1280 is budget oriented entry level.

I had these for 4 years, loved them to bits.

But after upgrading to hifi, I can't go back lol.

I have a pair of r1700bt mounted up near the ceiling ( upside-down) playing through a chromecast audio. Sounds mediocre. But adequate as a background setup as it's never used in critical listening

hi i am thinking fo buying these speakers...did you get them ? how do they sound ? thx

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back