Electrocompaniet eci-3 integrated amplifier.

Sushant Sharma

hello fellow members,
my name is Sushant and i have been on thus forum mostly reading up views and opinions and lurking in the shadows. I wanted some opinions on the electrocompaniet eci-3 integrated amp. My friend has recently bought this amplifier for me and i will be in possession of it before june end. I am going to pair it with Harbeth C7 speakers that i own and am additionally looking for a DAC.

i wanted to know your impressions of the brand "Electrocompaniet and specifically the eci 3 integrated? how will it pair with the harbeth C7s? Balanced ouputs, are they a novelty or do most mid/hi end amps come with them as a matter of fact?
I just got a very sweet deal and bought the amp without an audition etc and hence questions prior to purchase are popping up in my head now.
Your inputs and thoughts will be much appreciated.
thanks

The ECi are high current amps that are stable upto 2 ohms, so they will offer good amount of headroom.
Harbeths should be very happy to be driven by them. At 6ohms and a sensitivity of around 86db, it should be happy to draw power from the ECi.

I would suggest you look for a DAC/source with balanced outputs.

Go for Holo Spring DAC...best I have heard till now and it comes with balanced output..

And if , as a source you could accommodate SOTM SMS 200..nothing like it

read reviews online first

Last edited:
I have owned EC1, EC4R, EC4.5 pre amplifiers and EC AW250 power Amp.
I have not owned any Integrates of EC.

In my experience EC is a kind of forward Amps and they are paired much better with little laid back speakers. With my B&Ws EC was sounding bright.

Going by the specs and reviews I feel ECi3 should go good with Harbeths.

My few cents....

R. Balagopalan.

Thanks Balagopalan.
You must like the brand to have owned so many components by them. Its encouraging. What did you feel about the build quality etc. Your general thoughts and views on EC might will be helpful. Besides what you already informed me.
Thanks.

Build quality. My god all ECs are built like a Tank. It's my habbit to open the gadgets and observe and appreciate the architecture and construction.

That way ECs had special place in my heart. When I said ECs are forward sounding amp, it was based on mine and many other peoples version who have auditioned at my place. Some have opined that they are detailed.

So it's your call now. Don't read reviews so much. Come on take a plunge.

Thanks again Balagopalan. I actually have taken the plunge and bought the amp. It was a momentary whim decision and hence the research later to see if i havent made a mistake. I will only physically get the amp end of this month.

I have owned EC1, EC4R, EC4.5 pre amplifiers and EC AW250 power Amp.
I have not owned any Integrates of EC.

In my experience EC is a kind of forward Amps and they are paired much better with little laid back speakers. With my B&Ws EC was sounding bright.

Going by the specs and reviews I feel ECi3 should go good with Harbeths.

My few cents....

R. Balagopalan.

The magic of Electrocompaniet possibly lies in the little eci-2 ;)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back