Elektor mc phonopreamp

arindamcc

Hi quality ready made phonopreamp are very costly.So i decide to build a propreamp.After long (2 yrs) searching all internet and elektor electronics (1974 to 2011) and other electronic magazine I am found a mc phono peramp circuit and i think it is the best diy DC coupled (No big size cap on input means better low frequency response) phonopreamp.

Specification

Accuracy of RlAA curve - O.1 dB

Input sensitivity - 250uv

Input Impedance - 100 OHM

Output level - 200mv

Terminating impedance - 2k

Signal-to-noise ratio - 75 dB
(A-weighted)

Distortion - <0,006%

Supply voltage - 15V

Current drain - 24 mA

PCB are available through http://be.eurocircuits.com/Offtheshelf/Offtheshelfdefault.aspx?type=E&lang=en&an=910016#

But remember elektor used very high quality parts in this design so build cost also very high.

If any body interested pl PM me for full article.

Here is the schematic

mcphono.jpg

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

captain, I think this is moving coil phono stage. and one you mentioned is moving magnet.

If you can't get the MAT03, you can try the 2sa979 dual-PNP which costs only about half as much as the MAT03. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll dig out two pairs which I have lying around somewhere.

Last edited:
If you can't get the MAT03, you can try the 2sa979 dual-PNP which costs only about half as much as the MAT03. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll dig out two pairs which I have lying around somewhere.

Thanks for suggestion but 2SA979 is different type not suitable for that purpose.

Last edited:
It is not a problem to get MAT03 because digikey have sufficient stock. My budget for this project is Rs 15000 maximum because 95% parts for this project are not available in India.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back