Emotiva UMC-1 and B&W Speakers: Santhols2 setup reviewed by an AudioBlind

^^ What makes you believe it isn't the other way round .. :D

Last edited:
i confirm that. the latest firmware also fixed a weird problem i had with DTS-HD Hi Res.. robotic sound. (esp in "theres something about mary")

now it takes less time to synce HD audio than the denon 1611..

cheers
Great, will upgrade firmware on UMC-1 and confirm.

This is strange. I have seen the same audio dropout with a Dune Prime BD 3.0 connected to a NAD 775. Is this an HDMI handshake issue? The dropout kind of faded away after a few days of use. This was happening in Die Hard 4, and Iron Man - both BDs.

Cheers
In my case, it takes about 2 minutes for the UMC-1, the Projector and the PS3(for blu-ray) to sync and for the video to come up on the screen. This, I believe is definitely a HDMI handshake issue. Once the display comes up, I don't have any issues except the audio dropout issue which also I feel is a synchronisation issue between the video and audio. I feel the audio has not caught up with the Video especially when selecting scenes or when you forward the movie. When I I pause and then play again, it works fine (8/10 times).

Last edited:
santosh is a great guy, thats whats I can say after just a couple of phone talks and gifts exchanges ....... I wish I could visit Bangalore some day.
Thanks buddy. Do let me know when you are in Bangalore, we'll gift each other some more.

Ah! A shamelessly honest confession of being influenced through Bribery!!! :eek:hyeah:
Now you know why you should never believe in online reviews. They are all rigged:eek:hyeah:.

How much did he "Gift" you before you sang these tuneful praises?
The gift was in kind, not cash. Sam even returned by gift, so nice of him. If you are wondering whats happening, read on... http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/9841-blu-ray-dvd-cd-vhs-tape-lp-gift-thread-ca.html

errrr and I though he has an idea whats he is talking about .......

The gift was in kind, not cash. Sam even returned by gift, so nice of him. If you are wondering whats happening, read on... http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/9841-blu-ray-dvd-cd-vhs-tape-lp-gift-thread-ca.html

Ah! that one yes I remember but never connected the dots until now! What advance planning my man!! :clapping:

Give a bribe with the hand-over-the-table technique (advanced) instead of hand-under-the-table method (basic) does not make it moral ethical and legitimate :eek:hyeah:

Jai Audio Devi Prasanna!!

May you be blessed with a thousand ICs ...

Cheers

Well yes, but in this case the bribe was exchanged from both ends, so it doesnt exactly remains a bribe at all ...... infact it becomes a voluntary donation, which you would agree is more so a saint thing to do, in all ethical and legitimate sense ..... :D :D

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back