Enjoying my new Popcorn Hour A100

GeorgeO

I have been using my PH the past week and find that it is very convenient to use. I have played back content in the 200 GB HDD that I installed in it as well as via a 1.5TB External drive with good results so far.

George

Hi,

I have been using my PH the past week and find that it is very convenient to use. I have played back content in the 200 GB HDD that I installed in it as well as via a 1.5TB External drive with good results so far.

Good to hear George :) !! would like to checkout sometime whenever you are free !!

I myself Am looking for some HD Media players,But my requirement is very very tough to satisfy hence have not had much success :sad: !

The Thing is I don't have a HD ready AVR ( No HDMI Inputs or such ) so I need a player with 7.1 Analog out along with the some old fashion video outs ( as Am don't own a HD display too ) !!

So far the only one which fits the bill is the HD-Dune,but the price in India makes it only a dream for me :sad:!

Anyways moving on,so what display you are hooking it to currently ?? you were contemplating on buying a new LCD,did you buy one ???

Regards.

Dyna-I bought this in the US when I was there a few months ago, refurb, but from the company's site for $110.

Srikanth

Tell me when you want to come over, I'll give you a nice lunch as well and we can watch any documentary from my collection, I guarantee you will enjoy it! I picked up an entry level BenQ 37 inch HD LCD a week ago.I'm quite happy with it so far.

George

Hi George,
How is the UI on the PH? Does it allow creation of playlists and how do the features compare to a media player like Foobar?

GH

The remote is fairly user friendly, it has the standard features like FWD( you can have speeds of 2X,4X and 8X by pressing repeatedly), RWD, PAUSE, and resume by default (if you stop) is from the last point played),PAGE UP/DOWN, and a few others that I need to check-will do in the course of the next few sessions.

I havent studied the manual yet, need to do that. I havent yet used the audio function , but it does play a whole lot of formats and I need to figure out how it works after I connect up a complete audio system to it-hope to do that soon.Having the ability to have an external drive connected is a big plus for me. I also need to connect it to my network to transfer files into the HDD should I want to.

George

George, the two products are completely different in the sense that they cater to different requirements.

The Squeezebox is like an wireless music extender. It can handle only various formats of music files. Since no 2 channel amplifier has a display, the SB has been provided with a display to see what files you are playing.

The PopCorn Hour, on the other hand, is a media player primarily meant to play video files. Thus it assumes it will be connected to an external display all the time.

Cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back