Epos under new ownership - Return to greatness?

Looks like new owners are no bunch of Chinese managed corporates
And I am happy with just that.

we have to see where they go to manufacture their speakers

maybe EU or some other country...

But keep in mind - the sound may or may not be the same - only the name would be...

The company claims Epos operations will be run from Germany and the UK by the team of Karl-Heinz Fink and former Epos Sales Director David Jefferys, who are working on introducing brand-new speakers to the market to revitalize the renowned brand name...
so, let's leave C out of this.

Looks like Epos is now under new ownership and from what the website says, planning to introduce new speakers soon.
I hope under the new ownership they return to making top quality speakers like they used to.

Hi i am a new member to this forum. I have some experience with some older karl heinz fink designed speakers from I.Q and ALR.

He is reknowned person among german audiophiles. If you can read German or dont bother translating reviews of i.q, ALR jordan, ART, yamaha ns g series (there are several others which i dont remember)in hififorum.de you can get a better idea about what they had been doing.

What hifi has a nice article about them :

Edit:
This in the guy whom i mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
With my Naim Nait2, it was either EPOS 11 or Spendor for me.

I finally did go with the Spendor 3/5.

I think perhaps it was for me how any speaker threads the fine line between open (which Epos was) and bright (brighter than Spendor). However, it was a long time ago - and am sure with different amp it would have perhaps yielded different results.

Damn, I love hifi. It is so much fun if we don’t get too hyper about what we own and like.

I think perhaps it was for me how any speaker threads the fine line between open (which Epos was) and bright (brighter than Spendor). However, it was a long time ago - and am sure with different amp it would have perhaps yielded different results.

Damn, I love hifi. It is so much fun if we don’t get too hyper about what we own and like.
Seeing that you have naim gear, have a look on khfs white paper on their ovator speakers

Sadly sold my Naim! Hey I too like highfidelity Poland site. Has the exotics under review as well as the Luxman Harbeth etc

Google translate does a wonderful job with these sites. Some of the reviews that originally appear in highfidelity.pl and hi-fi.com.pl, get published in 6moons also.

For members who would like to dig deep about EU products, I suggest looking at these sites for genuine reviews.
I prefer German and other European reviews which are backed with objective measurements. Audiosciencereview is my new favorite site where they roast hyped products

objective measurements
Measurements, specs are good, as long as they provide some basic information about the product. In my opinion, too much of measurement following, may land you in a frustrated space, if the excellent graphs and THD values conflict with the final sound output and struggle to create a pleasant musical experience.
Tube amps measure really bad, but they sound sweet!

What does it do for Sennheiser? Epos owns Sennheiser now, I hope only great and amazing things.

What does it do for Sennheiser? Epos owns Sennheiser now, I hope only great and amazing things.
That’s not the same Epos. Sennheiser has a branding for some of their products as “Epos”. It has nothing to do with Epos the speaker company. Sennheiser-hearing(their hifi headphone division) is owned by a hearing aid company. As far as I know, it doesn’t make anything worse as the same people continue to work under the new management, and the product development seems to be going forward in the same direction. The HD660 headphone has a new version coming up soon and let’s see how different or same are they to the older family members.

At last a review came out, https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/epos-es14n

recently there was a discussion about it if anyone is interested :

Finally I got some time with this speaker yesterday at a store in Germany. They already measure well. Tied to Canor CD player and integrated, I listened 5 songs from Justin Timberlake’s man of the wood album.

These are my impressions:
1. Mids- BBC sound territory. With dip in upper mids, nothing harsh, polite, but also then quieter upper mid details just like in Harbeth/spendor. Vocals has heck of a body like the largest Harbeths I have heard
2. Smooth, tiny bit of roll off to avoid harshness
3. Big surprise: damn thing hits hard like a large floorstander! This week I demoed 3 large speakers - Kef Reference 3, Quadral aurum Vulkan, focal spectral 50th anniversary. This small bookshelves has same or more bass presence than all these 50 kg towers! It’s naturally rolled off, so you hear low notes though feeble, and with good room gain you may not need a sub.
4. Imaging/soundstage - this is more room dependent, but at the demo room I listened they were placed in between some large speakers so, soundstage width normally should be bit limited. But still they filled the room, with very good 3D Sound. I could point out each instruments in space as it should be.
5. Compression- tried playing them loud, and again another surprise, they didn’t get compressed or got distorted even with bass as I pushed them up above 100db. Tonality remained exactly same as the volume climbed up suggesting very good low distortion.

Overall, in 2023 I guess, before jumping into one of those typical British tuned speakers, give this a try if possible.

I had never listened to the old Epos. But I have listened to Spendor. The new ES14N has no brightness at all. That tweeter is very smooth, midrange has same quality or better quality as the classics but bass is a step up above all the British boxes. It’s so balanced that, I felt it never intruded the rest but gives that full feeling of a large speaker. I was too skeptical about the vocals seeing the large woofer. (Also what Hi Fis 5 star https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/epos-es14n Review -) But to me, suddenly it felt like the price is justified for what it does.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back