EVS Ground Enhancers

balu613

I am more of a audio cheapskate than a tweakaholic, and so rather than upgrading my system with better components, I will generally try most gizmos that claim to offer massive improvements for a small price. Frequently, however, some of those gizmos cost more than an upgrade (such as the Bybee speaker chargers or a power conditioner), but they have generally been worth the money spent.

One of the sites I check regularly for tweaks or inexpensive mods is tweakaudio.com, run by Ric Shultz of Electronic Visionary Systems. Ric is a well-known audio designer/tweaker/modder whose products/services offer great value for money. One of the tweaks that is currently listed on his site are the EVS Ground Enhancers. I got a few of each (basic, RCA and headphone versions) last year and have been very impressed with the results. I'll have to agree with Ric when he says

The only thing that matters is that they work....and by work I mean make the sound much better.....as in: more vivid, more bass, tighter bass, more extended highs, lower distortion, cleaner transients, more musical.....well, you get the idea.....most everything is improved.

The basic version seems to offer the most improvement. I used it initially with my NuForce Icon HDP (DAC+Headphone amplifier), and even when paired with a mid-level headphone such as the German Maestro GMP 8.35 D, I could appreciate the fullness and savagery of John McLaughlin's electric guitar in the album "Inner Mounting Flame". I'll leave out the usual cliches that adorn most reviews (though I was "really blown away" and "my jaw hit the floor"), and let you judge for yourselves if you can get a sample. I can probably help if you are in Bangalore, but I think Ric also ships internationally for a very nominal price.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back