Expert advice needed for selecting my FIRST AVR.

rpradeep

Dear Friends,
Been with this forum for over a year still a noob in this HT world, now time has come to implement my stagerred setup, which had gone from sub sat to a staggered setup. Speaker i have confirmed is KEF q300 after several auditions of various brands, which i audiitoned on request by Kittu, which i loved it instantly very much during auditioning. With respect to AVRs i had my choices as ( 671, 1912, 5006/5005, vsx 921). Had auditioned the pioneer vsx 921 but was not satisfied with the performance(probably the pairing speaker package is BX6 AV package is not matched?). However a mointh back i ausdionted marantz 6004(paired with MA radius package) with audio people and loved the sound very much. It was really excellent and the best performance i had seen in a AVR yet. Pretty much iam not able to audiotion the 5005/5006 in chennai. No dealer has it for auditioning in chennai. . Hence my query is whether the SQ of 5005/5006 is same as the 6004? Iam not more in interested in the features, but interested in the sound quality alone. My budget as of now is max 70k only(mid range avr+one bookshelf pair of KEF q300, Rest in a total span of one year t be added). Iam yet to audiotion the 671 and 1912 will do this in two weeks. My other queries are:::
1. As iam based out of chennai, are there any service experts who can service the marantz avr well? Because there is no marantz india
2.How about the spare parts, i heard from two dealers in chennai that it is difficult to import the spare parts of marantz. Is it true?(Probably they might have said in a bid to promote their other brand??)
3. The other day i auditioned sr7005 with klipsch, but was not satisfied with the performance. Was is due to that the avr not calibrated properly or speaker matching is not proper?
Though i often hear that marantz are well builta and reliable, i just need clarification for a worst case scenario, as iam a budget constrained person. Yes i do also have plan to add a servo to protec tthe setup agains the power fluctuations.
Gurus please advice, as i do not want my investment in ht to go waste.
PS: Special thanks to flash, srinisundar, venkatcr, kittu, captrajesh etc who used to clarify my ABC doubts reg the ht world with much enthu:clapping:.

Regards,
R.Pradeep

Last edited:
Dear Friends,
Been with this forum for over a year still a noob in this HT world, now time has come to implement my stagerred setup, which had gone from sub sat to a staggered setup. Speaker i have confirmed is KEF q300 after several auditions of various brands, which i audiitoned on request by Kittu, which i loved it instantly very much during auditioning. With respect to AVRs i had my choices as ( 671, 1912, 5006/5005, vsx 921). Had auditioned the pioneer vsx 921 but was not satisfied with the performance(probably the pairing speaker package is BX6 AV package is not matched?). However a mointh back i ausdionted marantz 6004(paired with MA radius package) with audio people and loved the sound very much. It was really excellent and the best performance i had seen in a AVR yet. Pretty much iam not able to audiotion the 5005/5006 in chennai. No dealer has it for auditioning in chennai. . Hence my query is whether the SQ of 5005/5006 is same as the 6004? Iam not more in interested in the features, but interested in the sound quality alone. My budget as of now is max 70k only(mid range avr+one bookshelf pair of KEF q300, Rest in a total span of one year t be added). Iam yet to audiotion the 671 and 1912 will do this in two weeks. My other queries are:::
1. As iam based out of chennai, are there any service experts who can service the marantz avr well? Because there is no marantz india
2.How about the spare parts, i heard from two dealers in chennai that it is difficult to import the spare parts of marantz. Is it true?(Probably they might have said in a bid to promote their other brand??)
3. The other day i auditioned sr7005 with klipsch, but was not satisfied with the performance. Was is due to that the avr not calibrated properly or speaker matching is not proper?
Though i often hear that marantz are well builta and reliable, i just need clarification for a worst case scenario, as iam a budget constrained person. Yes i do also have plan to add a servo to protec tthe setup agains the power fluctuations.
Gurus please advice, as i do not want my investment in ht to go waste.
PS: Special thanks to flash, srinisundar, venkatcr, kittu, captrajesh etc who used to clarify my ABC doubts reg the ht world with much enthu:clapping:.

Regards,
R.Pradeep

If you want a more musical sound you cant beat a marantz. It gives a very warm soft sound perfect for people who love that kind of sound. Marantz might not have the agressive marketing like Onkyo or Denon but definitely also sells but you need to check for support in your city.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back