Expert Advice needed to complete my dedicated music setup! (Urgent)

Arcam + Paradigm.. :)
Exiting times. Never heard them together..
Let me guess, lean and bass shy with projected hf.. :D

Regd NAD.. I feel it produces no details.. BIG bass centric sound. Somehow I seem to have grown out of it without knowing.

I have heard the NAD and I know that it is better suited for genres of music other that what I primarily subscribe to.

Hence I was tending towards Marantz.

Any pre-power combos involving Marantz (or similar) for the Paradigms that would do justice to the kind of music I prefer. Else I may happily settle for the Marantz integrated PM7004 or similar in Marantz.

Till now I have not come across any marantz pre-power combo. Does'nt seem to be that popular..
Can one go with a marantz pre + some other power and still get the marantz sound signature? (I mean does the pre decide the sound signature?) Sorry Im very new to pre-power so this may be a novice query.

Last edited:
Yeah, that can be done too.. Infact i was about to edit the post.. :)

We can ask ruenigma to bring his NAD amp so we can compare NAD and Arcam side by side.. or we both, rohit and me, can go to ruenigma's place..

How about this -

Ruengima, u and Rohit - all drop by my place and
audition
Paradigm Monitor 7 with

1 Arcam Integrated
2. Rotel Power Amp
3. NAD Integrated
4. Yamaha (AVR)
5. Denon (AVR)
6. Paradigm with audiophile grade subwoofer to augment the LF
7. Paradigm Monitor 7 vs Wharfedale 9.6 vs B&W 685(BS) vs Pioneer CS- 303(BS) vs JBL Studio 140 (FS) vs Paradigm titan Monitor if (ruengma is game) vs _________ anyone else wants to bring anything else

We may have a mini hifi meet in the offering :)

We each have our own ears and tastes and that's the reason we all have different setups.
As individuals we also have our preferences in music tastes.

An example
Rohit seemed to like the Paradgm + Marantz synergy, (Since he liked detail with classical , semi classical, slow rock etc)
Sagarvikram on the other hand, disliked the synergy completely. since he likes Hard rock , Metal etc etc)

My take would be
Marantz or NAD . purely on the basis of which sound signature you prefer

For your listening tastes i would even go as far as recommending Yamaha AS 700 skip the AS-500 (no disrespect to the AS-500)

Rotel / Arcam / etc etc etc if you can stretch your budget

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back