Expert advice on stereo speakers.

bg1957

Dear Members,
Its quite some time i am looking for stereo setup for my 10x19 feet room. It so happens that at the shop or demo room it sounds really good but at our place it sounds different.

I want some expert people to advice me on good sounding stereo speakers till the range of 3 lacs and even if they can tell me about the cd player and an stereo amp. I would even like to know if i have common speakers for my home theatre and stereo then which speakers will do a proper job for both. Ht amp will be seperate again. Can a 5.1 amp sound good as a stereo amp if yes then which amp. Having common equipment is to save on space and money.

I am ready to spend around 6 lacs for a good setup and if i get for both, 2 channel and 5.1 combine it would be execllent.

Members please take intrest and suggest me some good product for my setup.
Thanks very much.
bg1957

You have a good budget
It is normal for the speakers to sound much better in a demo room VS your "untreated" room
You will need to spend some money on room acousitcs if you are really serious

We have a couple members like santhosh and vijay( or vinay - i forget) who have some terrific treated AV rooms

I would reccomend a professional to help you treat your room if you do not know about acousitcs
people here may advice to DIY
but if youre new to this - you will rarely get it right

Your higher end budget is enough to get a professional into this
There are some mumbai guys here who are into serious audio
SOme who do this as a hobby/philanthrophy

There is at least one guy i know who advices for FREE (provided youre in south mumbai!- But he would only do budgets above 5 lakh
Hes a forum member here too and a dear freind

See if you can get a pro into this
If you cant PM me ( i'll see what i can do since youre in mumbai)

Normally
the place where you buy your electronics and speakers from will normally have access to a sound engineer who will be glad to come to your house and do the needful including room acoustics ( ofcourse for a charge)
You can also bargain this service for free ( if your are buying on a high budget)
A good place to start is Sound and Vision, Lakozy etc

http://www.soundandvision.in/

Last edited:
Hi Ali
how are you doing?

Isn't sound and vision in pune ?
Or have they started a showroom here in mumbai.
I am little bit out of touch

@ OP
As Magma has suggested best is to speak to someone who can advice you some brands and combination of amps, speakers, cables, source according to your taste and room

Then you can contact the respective dealers and take a demo. And then take it further by having a home demo

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back