Extended Warranties in India: Experiences w Reliance/ RESQ, Tata Croma, AMZN, Flipkart Jeeves, Others? Etc

crashnburn

Extended Warranties in India: Experiences w Reliance/ RESQ, Tata Croma, AMZN, Flipkart Jeeves, Others? Etc

So lets maybe make this a sticky or Long Terms Reviews of Extended Warranty & Service Providers.

Their pricing, service speed, quality, technical vs insurance, temporary replacements, Payback value table if unfixable or replaceable during Term.

good thread, should be more about who is giving the extended warranty than about what the product is, if moderators can change that part, this will be very helpful information, pan India

good thread, should be more about who is giving the extended warranty than about what the product is, if moderators can change that part, this will be very helpful information, pan India
Yeah whatever details one may need to Document & ask about Such services as I dont seem to find much organized data on this.

For TVs in general Croma gives an option of comprehensive extended warranty for a better price than the manufacturers' offee that they include in the emi's plus the brand does the servicing in case of faults in extended warranty periods.

For TVs in general Croma gives an option of comprehensive extended warranty for a better price than the manufacturers' offee that they include in the emi's plus the brand does the servicing in case of faults in extended warranty periods.
Which is unlike extend Warranty from RD, FK, AMZN?

Hey guys,

I'll be pulling the trigger on a C1 65 this Diwali, and I'm quite interested in getting the extended warranty. So far, LG is advertising the 3 years' warranty, which is great. But I'll have far more peace of mind if I can extend it to 5 years.

I wanted to know what you guys thought of extended warranty. Is it worth it? Even I had doubts whether it covered burn-in. LG's website is quite unclear about this.

I read here...

That one of the members got his panel replaced by LG even though it wasn't under official warranty, which is great to be honest.

I'm a little confused about this and whether it's worth investing 25k(?) on the extended warranty.

What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?
Burns In's are technically not a defect. Its the result of a use pattern. This can affect just about any TV, not just an oled. With most TV's, if you run them at the factory or showroom picture settings with a TV channel playing, it will probably take only a month of continuous operation to result in a burn in.

You want extended warranty for component or panel failures. Not for burn in issues. Panel failures are a lot less these days from what they used to be. That said, it definitely helps to have extended warranty from the manufacturer as they are the only ones who can source a legit part for your TV. Third party vendors just piggy back on the manufacturer. While it may sound absurd to pay 25k for extended warranty, its peanuts compared to the 3.5lacs you will pay for the TV.

LG and Sony India are pretty good when it comes to spare inventory at a reasonable cost. As an example, when my in laws 40 or 43" LG Tv panel failed, the official replacement cost inclusive of labor was just Rs. 7000. Its easy to say it ain't worth paying so much but you can't get a new Lg TV of that size for Rs. 7000 for sure, or, even at 2x that figure. You can also argue that something else can fail after you pay so much. That's really your luck. In the end, you've fixed the TV at a fraction of the cost of a new TV and that is money saved. That is the way I look at it.

Take the extended warranty now or gamble by taking it later and before the original warranty expires. The price may also drop in a couple of years as the cost to build these panels are also reducing slowly. If LG India have a 3 year warranty as standard, that shows some confidence in their product.

Samsung started marketing their QLEDs saying they won't burn in like OLEDs do and called out a 10 year warranty on burn in. I am sure people don't use their TVs for more than 6 years as 1) there is always a newer technology and 2) there are some component issue that are not worthy of a chip level or panel level repair. TVs also come down in prices or better or bigger screens are available for the same cost in those years gone by. In 2001 in my first attempt to buy a 25" CRT TV BPL India, I spent Rs.23000. I bought a Kinetic challenger motor cycle for Rs.46000. My older sister bought some gold at the same time. My investment did not stand the test of time but I bet she still hangs on to her investment. Unfortunately electronics are not appreciating assets however you could hedge it by buying some shares. Get an ext warranty for a few thousands more and dont worry about burn ins just keep regularly changing channels and leave the TV to complete pixel refreshing after cumulative 4 hours of use by just soft switching off through remote. Shadow crushing is one thing that you should be wary of not burn ins. As these pixels are turned off and you won't get some grey shades LCDs will display. Once you get used to it, it would be an epiphany... A contrast addicted eyes will not let you watch the bland grey's of LCDs anymore.

Finally some actual experience happening - Can be tracked here:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back