Fantastic Philips after sales in Gurgaon, a tale from a highly satisfied customer.

sanchits

I have been a Philips customer for the past 10 yrs and of course my parents n grandparents have owned Philips products for donkey yrs.
But I can tell you my past expericne from 10 yrs in my city, Gurgaon which has been nothing short of excellent.
Currently I am on my 3rd TV from Philips. My first TV from Philips when i shifted to Gurgaon from delhi was a Philips 29" 100hz HDTV CRT. Yes, it was an HDTV CRT TV and had the nest picture quality of all time and it went kaput in its 4th or 5th yr I suppose.
I sent tit for repairs and unfortunately CRT HDTV was compeltley redundant andthcoudnt repair it but the service center gave me a 29" Philips TV (nonhd) as rep!acment and kept the the TV with themselves to see of it could be repaired n notihgcameup after that Andi got a 29" TV for free from them essentially in exchange of my non working CRT.

Then I sold that and bought a Philips 32" LCD from the 5000 series after many positive feedback from this forum itself praising its natural n accurate SD PQ.
This TV too went kaput in its 4th yr, it didn't turn on. I called up Philips and they said I would have to bring in the tvto the service center. I took it the next day an they opened up there n then n told me the circuit board/ic whatevr fees the power to the TV has and a short n would have to be changed if unable to repair.
They said being an older model, it might tame few days to arrange the part n might cost anywhere around 5-6k. I said OK, but also told them pla repair it if its repairable and don't just change the part for the heck of it.

Next day I get a call that the TV is repaired and u can collect it and the total bill is arnd 1200 bucks.
I was ecstatic to know this and they put some new transistors n few other parts n soldered/repaired it nalso put a new fuse inside and charged for each part along with there service fees which was actually more then these small parts.
The TV had been working perfectly since then n only few days back I sold it on olx.

Now I've bought a new Philips 40pfl5059 TV from flipkart for a great price coupled with 3 yr warranty. (For reviews n my obervations pls see my other thread)

Now it was promptly installed by philips rep,the very next day I got it delivered.
We found that the remote wasn't working so the Philips guy told me, to lodge a complaint with philips customer care and the remote will be replaced. I get a call the same day from the local service center that we will replace the remote latest by Monday since that day was Saturday and the next day was off.

In the meantime I had to register for the extended warranty on a website of Philips but I didn't get any confirmation on email or mob. So I wrote a small message to Philips india FB page and the next day only on a sunday I get a calk from one of the Philips head here in delhi itself I beleive...assured me that my TV is registered for the 3 yr warranty .

Now on Monday I didn't get any reply regarding the remote n it was late afternoon already.
So I called up the Philips head itself as he had told me to call him if there is any issue.
So he took the local service center manager on conference Ca!l and instricyted him to replace the remote by today itself.
The remote turned up by 6 but this too wasn't working, therefore we figured out the fault is with the TV only, maybe the senser or something.

So we called up the philips boss as refereed by the service rep that came to my house to change the remote n he has assured me that he needs a day and will get back by to mm. If its a small adjustment/ rreplacemnt then good, otherwise they will replace the set.
Though I have a!so put Ina replacement request on flipkart itself too. Just in case Philips advice's me the same.

I mean I am astounded by the support I have always got b Philips here n the turnaround time has been so prompt.
I see most members here are complaining about the Philips after sales in there respective cities. I thought let me put across my multiple positive experiences of philips after sa!es in my city.
I see almost everyday people sufferings due to incomxpetremt after sales and unreliable led/plasma TVs by these so called well known n premium companies like Sony, Samsung, panasonic, LG etc.

Pls excuse spelling or grammar errors cause I m typing on my tab.

BTW, I also own a couple of personal use n home appliances from Philips.

How I wish they get there entire range by next yr including the high end ones with ambilight etc...n they have a customer ready.

Last edited:
Re: Fantastic Philips after sales in Gurgaon, a tale from a highly satisfied customer

I have been using a a Philips 29 CRT for more than 5 years, and when it had issues, complaint was logged and it was addressed promptly by their technicians.... So me too a happy customer....

Itz great to see Philips providing quick resolution to keep the customer happy...

Re: Fantastic Philips after sales in Gurgaon, a tale from a highly satisfied customer

OK guys, another feather to their hat, the manager kept his promise of getting me the replacement directly from Philips n I am glad to say I got a brand new sealed packed Led today. It was Delivered to Doorstep within few hrs of me reminding him to get it done ASAP.
As usual I couldn't wait another day or two to install it, n installed if myself and glad of say everything is wokring fine including the Remote for which the entire set was replaced.

So Kudos to Philips and a special thanks To Mr. Abhishiek, yes that's the guys name who is I believe the manager/boss of Philips/PE electronics here in NCR.

In short, TV got delivered on 26th Dec, Installed on 27th n remote was not working. On 29th, Philips guy comes with new remote which again did not work, conclusion something wrong with TV sensor.
Mr. Abhishek agreed to replace TV on the 30th and I get the replacement by 3rd Jan,2014. Pls dont forget to add 3 days off in between including a weekend n off on 1st.
Fantastic response n turn around time by Philips.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back