Fashion audio height! Apple is planning to buy Beats for appx INR 18743 Crore

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
There are news of a lot of small launches - BUT I NEVER SAW THE BIG NEWS here -
Beats By Dr. Dre is Worth $3.2 Billion, Especially To Apple

Beats By Dr. Dre is Worth $3.2 Billion, Especially To Apple - Forbes

US$ 3.2 Billion is cool Rs 19743 Croers!!

If this happen Dr Dre you proved urself bigger marketing person than Puff Daddy or Jay - Z .

Declaimer - I eat apple ,again that did not kept doctor away so I visit doctor , but not Dr. Dre . Not into Hip Hop but wear Hanes underwear on my hips . Have an iphone . I do not have any Dr Dre product. ( Again I consider 3-4 Doctors on our forum as friends ; going by real hip names like Spirovious , DocD , jaudere etc ) I am NOT getting any commission for this post , BUT I LOVE TO RECEIVE ...... are some Ears listening ????

Now the article

About a week ago, rumors began to surface that Apple AAPL +1.46% was looking to acquire headphones maker Beats By Dr. Dre, and almost immediately the music and tech industries collectively lost their minds. The deal, if there even is one, is massive.

Apple is apparently ready to cough up over $3 billiona confusing figure to those familiar with either firm. Last year an investment firm bought a 50% stake in the company for $500 million, and while Beats has added new products and grown since then, it certainly hasnt tripled in value.

So, why would the worlds largest consumer electronics company shell out such an exorbitant sum for what high end headphones? Maybe Apple is ready to ditch their iconic white earbuds, or maybe it has something to do with any (or all) of the following:

Beats by Dr.dre. Beats by Dr.dre. (Photo credit: MIKI Yoshihito (???))

Wearables
While they havent announced anything yet, it is no secret that Apple is going into the wearables business, as is every other firm. Rival companies like Samsung and Microsoft are all investing hundreds of millions (to start) on their plans to enter the wearable tech world, so as of now Apple is behind the curveat least publicly.

Wearable technology is the future, and one of the tricks needed to get it off the ground is the design aspect. Many companies are so concerned with what a smartwatch or eyewear would do, they havent considered the cool factorsomething the Google GOOGL -0.15% Glass is missing in spades.

There must be hundreds of options in the headphones market, with many of them claiming to be the best in quality. Only Beats has managed to convince consumers that it isnt just a functional item, it is also a fashionable one. The companys commitment to clean, ultra-cool design is perfectly in line with Apples core differentiator. The two would integrate easily and immediately.

Sound Quality
One the greatest strengths that Beats has is its branding prowess. While hardware is certainly the largest segment of their business, the name Beats already carries a valuable cache, and its growth has begun. HP computers can now come with Beats Audio pre-installed, and Chrysler is also on board with Beats-branded audio technology in their newer models.

While audiophiles around the world may have varying opinions about Beats quality, the company is perceived to be an industry leader in music, while Apple isnt rated as highly. If the deal goes through, it wont take long for the Beats systems to work their way into every device that Apple creates and beyond. The company could also use Beats as an in with many brands, with deals ending in important, valuable relationships.

Lastly, if the company owns Beats headphones, you can bet sales will go up. Soon youll be able to buy a pair in your local Apple store, and the options will multiply. A future pair of headphones could work in tandem with the iPhone in your pocket, or that iWatch youre wearing. With sales of iPads and iPods waning, the company needs to come up with new gadgets Apple fanatics just have to have, hopefully ones with great sound quality.

Streaming Music
Digital music sales began to slide for the first time last year, and physical retail has been declining at devastating rates for years. Basically, sales of singles and albums are not the way of the future. While Apple may have revolutionized the way we consume music with iTunes over a decade ago, they are no longer a leader. Their Pandora /Spotify competitor iTunes Radio has so far been a bust, but the company is smart enough to know that streaming is the way people will be listening to music for the foreseeable future.

Beats also launched a similar product earlier in 2014 to less than stellar numbers. iTunes Radio and Beats Music are competitors both trying to take even a small market share away from the big players (in this rare occasion, Apple is not a big player), but Beats has an algorithm that seems to be converting free users to paid ones better than any others out there. Apple may be looking to absorb this intellectual property and amp up their streaming service.

Marketing & Deal Making
Beats has a lot going for it, from fashion-forward design to quality sound to insights into monetizing the future of music consumption, but one of the companys greatest assets could be the answer to the absurd price tag associated with the deal: its founders.

Beats massive success can be attributed mostly to industry veterans Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine, who are masters of marketing and making deals. Throughout their storied careers the two have proven their worth with impossible licensing deals and a keen eye for what is next and what is cool. It is rumored that if this deal does go through, both will join Apple as executives. If they were able to accomplish this much with their own startup in only a few years, there is no telling what theyll achieve with the unlimited resources of Apple behind them.

While Apple certainly isnt short on marketing talent, these two may be the best in the world, and their value is not to be underestimated.

------------

another interesting article

Apple, Beats and what the deal tells us about the business of hip-hop

and Dr. Dre the owner or majority sharholder is set to become a billionaire or at todays RS. rate worth about 5800 crores. First hip hop artiste to achieve that wealth I believe, more than beyonce and jay z, and p.diddy and all those others. I do enjoy dre's music from time to time especially his work with eminem.
Cheers,
Sid

and Dr. Dre the owner or majority sharholder is set to become a billionaire or at todays RS. rate worth about 5800 crores. First hip hop artiste to achieve that wealth I believe, more than beyonce and jay z, and p.diddy and all those others. I do enjoy dre's music from time to time especially his work with eminem.
Cheers,
Sid

Yo my bro from south , u r right !!!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back