faulted LED bought from thailland

secprn

Hi Friends, recently i bought new LED + 3D 32inch LED from Thailand. i used it just for 3-4 days with USB drive and suddenly it stopped displaying Picture.I get it checked by LG engineer and he made shocked by telling that its entire display screen gone and the 70% of LED cost is display screen only.... and he said this model is not available in india... Friends can you help me to find some way out to get it repaired!! LED Model No is: 32LA623T.

The import and repair cost will be more than your purchase price in thaii baht, its advisable to buy a new one from outside at half of price than india.

The import and repair cost will be more than your purchase price in thaii baht, its advisable to buy a new one from outside at half of price than india.

There is not much you can do about it, assuming that it is the panel which is faulty:

1) No international warranty most probably.
2) Too expensive to ship to Thailand and get it replaced as cost of shipping etc has to be borne by you.
3) Even if you did manage to get it shipped, there is no guarantee that what you get shipped back will be damage free and come to you safely.
4) Check with LG Thailand if they can do anything about it...which however I doubt.
5) Check with some other LG centre to make sure that it is the panel and not something else which is faulty.

If it is the panel, there is nothing that I can think of that you can, but bite the bullet and look to buy something locally in India with a warranty.

That is the price that we pay for importing with no warranty cover.

Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news.

FMs can correct me if I have said anything incorrect here.

Vinod

I guess you should try the shops at bombay, the famous lane for electronics.
Or see if you can find the model in stores like Croma, next.
They may help you in any way.
Also do you have any warranty for the product you purchased??

Hi, Thanks for your response.

actually they did not gave international warranty for this TV... i have warranty card with me but this is applicable only in Thailand... this model is very much available in india with with different model number... i asked many retail outlets including LG but all said no..

in all dark right now!!!!

Hi, Thanks for your response.

actually they did not gave international warranty for this TV... i have warranty card with me but this is applicable only in Thailand... this model is very much available in india with with different model number... i asked many retail outlets including LG but all said no..

in all dark right now!!!!

Hi Secprn,

I do not think the Indian arm of LG will be responsive to you. In fact the chances are that they are not bothered at all, as you have bought the TV abroad (Thailand). If you want their help, you might have to give it as if there is no warranty and bear the service charges entirely.

See if you can get in friendly with a LG tech to source a panel only and to fix it for you at home.

The techs usually have their own way of getting around things. But cost is something you will have to factor in.

I doubt whether you will get help, if you go officially.

No company likes to lose sales locally and they are against us getting our TVs abroad and they losing their sales out here! :) But we get it because of cheaper international prices.

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your reply!!

Thats the same i trying now days!!!! now the problem is only the MODEL!! the same model is not available in India and their tech guys are not ready to take risk for replacing the display with other model!!! i m looking for some senior tech person in LG who can ensure the replacement of display with other model... I am ready to pay ther cost..

please match the panel part number instead. and a second opinion about the actual fault may not be a bad idea.

yes, the same model is not available in India and their tech guys are not ready to take risk for replacing the display with other model
kiz3I6

Hi,

Sorry to know that.. But I am sure that most of the new LCD panels are available outside.

1)Get the part no of your LCD panel
eg:6304FLP291A
2)Search online ... normally if you source it from outside Asia it will be expensive

As truly said display caters to 70% price of any electronic device be it mobile or TV.

Get a good technician and ask him exactly is the issue with display. There can be many issues with display most of them can be rectified by a good electronic engineer which service center guys can't do (they are bookish).

Regards,
PPS

Is there any audio coming? Is it a problem with video only? Or is the TV dead completely?

Please get a second opinion.

Look at some troubleshooting videos. An example resource is here.

For parts, see if you can get more details about the TV and then search on some parts database site. Again an example is here though I could not find that model number there.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back