Fiio e5 head phone amplifier review

CLEARCUT

Browsing through HIFIVISION came to know about fiio E5 head phone amplifier is offered cheap on line bundled with some iem.MR Iaudio came with a big help of recommending me the same. He also sent me his e5. So his confidence on the product. MY heartfelt thanks for i audio. Even myself would have felt hard to send such a nice product.
First i thought it is mere waste to connect d2 cowon WITH FIIO E5. After connecting through cowon while setting all the tone control normal i felt like tube amplifier improvement. I AM damn sure of it. Because i have cayin kt 88 amplifier and boman pure tube pre and micrex tube pre too presently with me. So sweet improvement in the tonality. Detail airy treble good mid and bass. My prefered song is aromale in vinnaithandy varuvaya tamil film. My headphone was phiLIPS SHE 8900 KLIPSCH IMAGE S2. Then i checked with MYsony player. And all musical cell PHONES. It improved all players hifidelity. It took over its own quality from other players. However good players reproduced remarkably. So it is value for money. Surely i recommend it to all. Thank you i audio in near future i will go for acquiring it neaRly 1/4 dozen one for me and two for my two sons.whoever come ever across it will start liking it

Last edited:
Yes, the E5s are a big bang for the buck. I have only 1/12th of a dozen Fiio E5 and have listened to them extensively with my Soundmagic PL11s and iPhone. They really improved the sound stage and the overall sound. I am impressed with the value they add to the chain. They suit the PL11s very well but I did not like the tonality when I listened with my Klipsch S4is. IMO, the S4is sounded much more clearer without the E5s.

Thank you i audio really hats off to your help. It is because of you this product is in my hand. Image s2 is yet to burn in i think. More over ear hubs is not suitable to me as if philips matching with me. I am eager to go through brain waves also. Once again thank you very much. When you connect output section of e5 to amplifier eventhough it is not nearby dedicated pre or passive pre far better than directly connecting from d2

Thank you i audio really hats off to your help. It is because of you this product is in my hand. Image s2 is yet to burn in i think. More over ear hubs is not suitable to me as if philips matching with me. I am eager to go through brain waves also. Once again thank you very much. When you connect output section of e5 to amplifier eventhough it is not nearby dedicated pre or passive pre far better than directly connecting from d2

I will try that out soon.:)

Anyone know if this will work as an iPod line out signal booster? A pre-amp for the iPod if you may.

Keith, I think it will, though how pure a pre the line out will be I am not sure.
Pl pm Clearcut he is using it in such a manner.

Will PM him, but on second thoughts, the FIIO is acting as a power amplifier so the chain will be source-->power amp-->power amp which is not at all desirable

Thats what I feel too, maybe you could try out the E1 which takes the signal from data port of the ipod( though the e5 is still regarded as the better amp).

I got a dock adaptor for ipod IT IS JUST WIRE CORD ONE END IPOD ADAPTOR at the other end it had a stereo ep pin. It means it takes away the sound from the ipod amp section. So ipods tonal control and volume control doesnt work. I connected this to the fiio. Then the fiio out put i connected to my hphone. Amazing performance less distortion. In my years of listening no background noise between music improves the music quality is my observation. This little wire is doing the same. After that i connected fiio out to my pre amp or int amp with a little increase in fiio sound. It comes nearby a good pre amp sound. The little wire just cost me 250 inr brought to me by brother in law son from sing

clearcut,looks like u got a direct line out cable(?LOD),good move.also,been toying with the idea of getting an E5 myself,but am settling for an E1.cheers

Thats what I feel too, maybe you could try out the E1 which takes the signal from data port of the ipod( though the e5 is still regarded as the better amp).

Using the E1 will be the same as the E5 - in what it can and will do.

clearcut,looks like u got a direct line out cable(?LOD),good move.also,been toying with the idea of getting an E5 myself,but am settling for an E1.cheers

I have an Ipod touch and plan on buying E1,let me know how much the ATH M50 benefits from it compared to ipod HO out.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back