Finally built my Budget Bluray HTPC

@Spiro - which was the earlier motherboard you were using again?
My dad uses the Gigabyte G31 board, and I've plugged in an old 8800GT, works just fine. Backward compatibility of PCIe 2.0 to 1.0 should have worked out for you.

@Spiro - which was the earlier motherboard you were using again?
My dad uses the Gigabyte G31 board, and I've plugged in an old 8800GT, works just fine. Backward compatibility of PCIe 2.0 to 1.0 should have worked out for you.

I had 945GCM% MSI board which refused the card to work.Current G31 (asus P5KPL)accepts both 1.0 (tried8400)& new2.0 5570 happyly.I think 945chipsets has limits & cant work with 2.0GC.

True! can't agree more :)
Nice guide, but, hdmi carries digital signals, no way can it affect wuality attributes like brightness, contrast etc!

You can tell that to yourself and buy golden cables for life...:p:)
Yes,but a fast cable may carry bits perfectly & LCD can perhaps process/Display better.May be thats why some HDMI cables get better rattings than others.

Yep.. or maybe there is no difference at all :lol:
I recently got hdmi cables from amazon for less than $2 and looks fantastic on my lcd, if there was a difference between $2 cable and $100 cable most people don't have the eyes and ears to figure out the difference.

Nicely explained dude.
From the reply its pretty obvious that you don't know what you are saying.

The other guy is definitely right.

Had it been analog signal, equation would have varied but with digital signals, a 2$ and 2000$ cable wouldn't really make any difference, provided the 2$ cable is able to pass the signal from one end to the other.

Digital signals do not suffer from loss as the analog signals do.

Think of it as this way. Assume you analog signal consists of values 0, 40, 80. When the signal moves through an inferior cable, due to resistance and other factors, there is signal loss. At the other end, the signal might be 0, 34, 72. No way you can know that what the initial signal was. With better cables, the losses are minimal and thus signal loss is less and thats what makes them better.

In case of digital signals, the signals either exist or they don't. 0 or 1.

So if a signal is received at the other end, even if there is drop in the signal, it can be safely assumed that the signal sent was 1. The reproduction at the other end is thus nearly perfect.

So if a cable is capable of passing signal, be it a 1000$ or 1$, it won't matter.

You might want to google. Major stores like Fry's, Circuit City earn more revenue by selling these hyped cables.

True! can't agree more :)

You can tell that to yourself and buy golden cables for life...:p:)

I still say that there is differences in many HDMI cable(purity may be factor)
I say mine MX cable has lesser Brightness than that of monoprice.
If digital means only 0 & 1,then why do you need a better spdf cable for better audio.:p
It may be a good manufacturing matters a lot.
Which cables have you compared? :rolleyes:

Compared none, read about the whole idea of buying expensive cables. Your call . . buy golden cables :p
I still say that there is differences in many HDMI cable(purity may be factor) I say mine MX cable has lesser Brightness than that of monoprice. If digital means only 0 & 1,then why do you need a better spdf cable for better audio.:p It may be a good manufacturing matters a lot.
Which cables have you compared? :rolleyes:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back