First HT Setup - Suggestions

r_senthil

Dear Friends,
I have been closely reading/observing this forum to gain insight/knowledge about the basics of HT.
Iam planning to start my journey with AVR + 2 (stereo) speaker setup. Later add sub and surrounds.

Please help/guide me with your thoughts.

My Budget for the AVR + 2 Speaker setup is around 60K. Can stretch to max of 70K

I dont have dedicated room and will be using the Living Room/Hall (size 12x18. Setup in will be on the rear end of the 12' wall with viewing/listening distance of 14')

1) My thoughts for the AVR is Marantz NR1508. Please suggest any other entry level AVR. My usage will be 50:50 (movies and Music)

2) I could not decide on right brand/model of the speakers but have narrowed down to below model/brands. Iam more interested in Bookshelf as Iam not planning to get the sub immediately.

Dali Zensor 3 (Please let me know if the Entry level Marantz NR1508 - Can drive this)
wharfedale diamond 225 bookshelf
Mission Bookshelf
Taga Platinum S90SL (inspired from elangos)

3) sub - If I plan to add a sub later, Iam eyeing BIC F12. But again please let me know if entry level Marantz NR1508 can drive this

Thank you for your support

Dear Friends,
I have been closely reading/observing this forum to gain insight/knowledge about the basics of HT.
Iam planning to start my journey with AVR + 2 (stereo) speaker setup. Later add sub and surrounds.

Please help/guide me with your thoughts.

My Budget for the AVR + 2 Speaker setup is around 60K. Can stretch to max of 70K

I dont have dedicated room and will be using the Living Room/Hall (size 12x18. Setup in will be on the rear end of the 12' wall with viewing/listening distance of 14')

1) My thoughts for the AVR is Marantz NR1508. Please suggest any other entry level AVR. My usage will be 50:50 (movies and Music)

2) I could not decide on right brand/model of the speakers but have narrowed down to below model/brands. Iam more interested in Bookshelf as Iam not planning to get the sub immediately.

Dali Zensor 3 (Please let me know if the Entry level Marantz NR1508 - Can drive this)
wharfedale diamond 225 bookshelf
Mission Bookshelf

3) sub - If I plan to add a sub later, Iam eyeing BIC F12. But again please let me know if entry level Marantz NR1508 can drive this

Thank you for your support
My suggestion would be don’t go for basic avr. I use Dali z3 along with denon 2400 and it’s amazing. If 2400 doesn’t come under your budget atleast go for denon 1400.

If you are not against buying used then checkout the Marantz SR series and Mercury 5 speaker combo on offer in the For Sale section, great value, especially the speakers.

Please share pics of the room..

:)

Better to look at brands / models that you can accommodate & complete maximum set-up with in your budget..

Also consider Denon x 550 around the same price..

You may also consider Taga TSW 200 around the same price.. Active sub-woofers (like the ones you have mentioned) have their own built-in amplifier and they don't depend on AVR for power delivery.. The connection to subwoofer is thru sub-out aval on AVR..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back