First setup

elt93

Hello everyone.
A long story of helping someone setup his first decent system. So a relative living in Dubai decided it was time to upgrade from a stupid htib he had. He's a total noob and I had to decide everything from India and he'd make the purchases. I was given a modest 3000aed(?51k) to work with. His only source is an Apple TV. I shortlisted the monitor audio bx2 along with marantz pm5005 for him. He listened and liked it but it was over shooting his budget and he wasn't willing to stretch it. The dealer gave him a combo deal for the monitor audios along with the denon pma 520ae. However for some reason my relative didn't like it and hence he walked out. Finally I thought of active speakers. Most of the audiophile brands were either too costly or too small for his living room in my opinion. I finally thought of the presonus eris e8 monitors. They were well within his reach and would leave a lot of money for a DAC too. So I sent him off to the presonus dealer. While he was demoing the e8 the dealer offered him a deal on the presonus eris e5 with the presonus temblor t8 sub. After a listen my cousin was totally in love and immediately purchased the combo for 2200aed. For now the Sony TVs DAC is being used and for volume control too. Since he is not really too much into sound quality it doesn't bother him but I have ordered the following DAC for him:
FX DAC-X3 Fiber Coaxial USB Decoder 24BIT/192Khz USB DAC Headphone 192khz Decoder
FX DAC X3 Fiber Coaxial USB Decoder 24BIT/192Khz USB DAC Headphone 192khz Decoder-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
With Apple TV and airplay being his only sources this seemed like a decent option to me. Even with the TVs ridiculous DAC he is extremely happy with the setup. He's fallen in love with music again :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 117
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back