First stereo setup...

Starter

Hello,

I recently got Norge MOSFET 2000 model integrated amp, want to build a decent stereo setup with that amp and good speaker set - I happened to browse this to see many in earlier post suggesting Wharfdale 9.x or so with Norge ( not sure if with this model of amp though )

If I were to purchase floorstanders or bookshelves, which speakers would be recommended ?

I have no intention to buy subwoofer , rather I am ok to invest in good floorstander for good decent bass.

Purpose : only for music
Room size : 11*14
Amp: Norge Mosfet 2000
Source: Music via blutooth receiver or samsung dvd player
( not much thought of a dedicated high end source yet - perhaps down the line )

My friend suggested that I should try to listen the following speaker set before making a decision :

1. Wharfedales
2. QAcoustics - he strongly recommended this
3. Dali Zensor
4. Mordaunt Short
5. Monitor Audio
6. B&W
7. Paradigm

( all these from probably 1 or 2 dealers in Chennai itself , he was suggesting to check with them the models they have - be it bookshelves or floorstanders )

I am not a audiophile per se, anything that gives me good feel while listening, I will be inclined towards it. I listen to film music - tamil, hindi and some instrumentals, occasionally carnatic and ghazals.

I am sure some would be having Norge MOSFET 2000 model and time tested speaker pair that gels well

can you pls suggest in this regard ?

Welcome to Forum and Music World.

Happy to see new ppl interested in Stereo, When Whole world running behind Dolby Atmos. Norge being Kind of Bright Amp, U could prefer QAcoustics.Heard few occasion and felt bang for Buck.

Best for got FS (Q Acoustics 3020) For ur Room. Best carry ur amp, list at dealer place and pick it up.

All the best.

One recommendation : Pls change the Source to Blueray player in case u play Only digital files and make sure

thank you so much, perhaps QAcoustics then will be a good bet, will check that first , also I heard from my friend that B&W should go well as well since QAcoustics and B&W are from same parent company.

also, I will make my source to play from a bluray player - thank you so much for your time in responding to my query.

Hello,

I got my first stereo setup up and running now. I was lucky that one known acquaintance gave his QAcoustics 2020 Bookshelf speakers to try with Norge 2000. I was spellbound after listening to it. Perhaps I don't have to return it in a hurry so will hang on to it for some months.

For sure being a novice that doesn't have discerning ears, I dont know and what to add as adjectives to say how good the 3s were -bass/mids/highs ...

In total all I felt was that my CDs ( small collection ) were given life via this setup - those songs that were heard earlier in normal 2 in 1 setup ( old days one ) were sounding so live today - earlier it was like playing inside a room that was locked from outside.

Now oh man - richness of sound is a bliss. Perhaps if I try a bluray player, it should be even more good

I played mp3s - good ones 320 kbps one vs actual CD - actuals were really good in a basic dvd player - wonder how good it will be if it's done via a good DAC. I felt some suppression w hile playing via blutooth - not sure why.

Original Audio CD way better than mp3 or blutooth.

Are there websites where you can get good quality digital audio files - wav format ?

Congrats. Norge is a very good VFM amp and have been using Norge 2060 for many years for music listening.

Congrats and welcome to the madness, for starters ??. I own a pair of wharfedales and can vouch for the sheer pleasure they give me day after day! Smooth, balanced and clear fatigue-free sound. A safe choice after a looooong tiring day, imho. Monitor audio tends towards a bit of bright/harsh sound. Careful amp matching required. B &Ws do require more power to sound their best. Again careful with the amp here. Dali Zensors seem to be in the same ballpark as the Wharfedales -smooth and easy to listen to. Haven't heard the others. Just my 4 paise, GST adjusted ??.

Have always been curious about Norge products?! Good to see they enjoy a healthy rep on HFV. Perhaps soneone could write up a detailed review of the Norge amp?

Enjoy the music mate. Cheers

What were you using before you got this system? Just wondering.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Hi,

I never had a great stereo system but for the old Sony 2in1 system. In fact I learnt about speaker companies, their products only in the last 6 months - I used to visit a friend's place, after a long gap, went to his place last year end, from there I thought of building my stereo setup. The Sony 2in1 too it's not working ok now - was just happy with laptop and headphone.

This system built is way ahead of all that - perhaps this hifiworld is a crazy world - sometimes I wonder how people spend so much money on this , naturally everyone have their own taste.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back