Flat TVs with subwoofer?

viper08

Hi All,

Currently I am enjoying my 2 CRTs.(I am a hardcore fan for CRTs for PQ & durabilty) My HD content thirst is fulfilled by my 22 inch Full HD monitor & HD rips.

My Both CRTs have surround / sub woofer whch are really impressive :)..

My Q to all Flat planel owners.
How is the SQ in terms of depathness/ clarity of your TVs? (Since there will not enough space to generate wooden box like sound) Are you satisfied with overall SQ?

Also does any one know any flat panel which comes with sub-woofer? as a built-in or add-on?

Just curious to know from Hi-Fi Gurus..:eek:

Any LCD's sound is pathetic compared to CRT..

anyway when onida released xaria it had sub out,

Hi All,

Currently I am enjoying my 2 CRTs.(I am a hardcore fan for CRTs for PQ & durabilty) My HD content thirst is fulfilled by my 22 inch Full HD monitor & HD rips.

How is the SQ in terms of depathness/ clarity of your TVs? (Since there will not enough space to generate wooden box like sound) Are you satisfied with overall SQ?

Also does any one know any flat panel which comes with sub-woofer? as a built-in or add-on?

The LG Jazz and Jazz Theatre models come with sub woofer. The earlier Jazz model packs in 500w PMPO (roughly equivalent to 50 rms). The recently launched Jazz Theatre packs a 700w punch (~ 70 rms). I am going to get a jazz theatre in a day or two, so I'll let you know. But based on the few reviews out there, the sound of these two models is really something else which mark them out from the rest of the crowd. The Jazz series outputs 3.1 sound while the Jazz Theatre simulates 5.1 virtual surround. Apparently the speakers on these TVs have been tuned by Mark Levinson.
So I should think they will give the CRTs a good run for their money in terms of sound output.
P.S. The Onida 32" Diamond LCD is also supposed to output 400W PMPO, but don't know about the presence of a sub woofer or whether it can give virtual surround

Last edited:
The LG Jazz and Jazz Theatre models come with sub woofer. The earlier Jazz model packs in 500w PMPO (roughly equivalent to 50 rms).

From LG site

Audio Output (Watts - THD 10%) 50W (10W+10W+30W)

THD 10%

Ha Ha ha

I Think 500 WPMPO is max 10 W RMS Per Channel@ 0.1% THD

Expert your views please..

@viper08: I agree with you buddy. My 21 inch VIDEOCON BAZOOMBA 350 W 1999 does a wonderful job when it comes to SQ. As far as PQ is concerned, all my friends, relatives and guests swear by it. One of my uncles who is very knowledgeable pointed out that the reception of my TV set is much better than the others.:clapping:
A curious question, "Can leading electronic giants not manufacture CRTs in 16:9 aspect ratio and in larger sizes?" :licklips:
@To all the HFV greats: Please excuse me if I sound noob. I cannot help it.:eek:

From LG site

THD 10%

Ha Ha ha

Well dunno if it would be exactly 50 w rms but point is that it would give any other LCD TV a run for its money as far as sound is concerned. Like I said I am expecting to get my Jazz Theatre (700 W) in a day or two so I'll let you know how the sound is. But this is the TVs USP. It can't replace a dedicated home theatre sound system but it should do away with the common perception that all LCD TVs have poor sound. Jazz has total 8 speakers while Jazz Theatre has total of 10 speakers.

Guyz

Q Acoustics, has recently launched a product, considering the above and thousands other sound problems in Flat Panels...

Many of you even must have seen the reviews on WhatHiFi, Stuff, etc..

I am here talking about the Brand new QTV-2...
Its nothing but the 2.1 HD system for your 30" to 50" Flat Panels...
It looks like a Jacket to your TV...
It has 30w x 2 speakers with BMR drivers and 60w Subwoofer...

Check out Q Acoustics - QTV-2

And its priced very well @ Rs.35000 for 30" to 40"...

Guyz

Q Acoustics, has recently launched a product, considering the above and thousands other sound problems in Flat Panels...

Many of you even must have seen the reviews on WhatHiFi, Stuff, etc..

I am here talking about the Brand new QTV-2...
Its nothing but the 2.1 HD system for your 30" to 50" Flat Panels...
It looks like a Jacket to your TV...
It has 30w x 2 speakers with BMR drivers and 60w Subwoofer...

Check out Q Acoustics - QTV-2

And its priced very well @ Rs.35000 for 30" to 40"...

mridulgoel, for that price, can't one buy a decent HTiB:rolleyes:

mridulgoel, for that price, can't one buy a decent HTiB:rolleyes:

Buddy...

That depends on individual...

If i am looking at the technology with the performance, i will always prefer QTV-2 then any HTiB crap...but if one is satisfied with the HTiB sound, i dont have any word in the same...
QTV-2 is not a HT Package, so its not comparable to any thing...

If you are talking about a HT, in 35K i just get good Multimedia speakers, which are far better than HTiB shits...

And for me instead on wasting even 35K on HTiB, i will prefer Sony or LG 5.1 multimedia shit, which they call a HT, for some 17-18K, they sound better than most of the HTiBs... so whats your say on that..

in any case as said earlier, QTV-2 is not a HT, so plz dont compare the same with that...

Hi All,

Sharp has recently launched a 40 inch TV meeting the criteria that you are looking for in Singapore. The USP of this TV is more on sound the specifications claims sound output at 20W +20W with two active and four passive speakers.

SHARP ROXY SINGAPORE

Spiderman

From LG site

THD 10%

Ha Ha ha

Just did a cursory check on the internet for audio specifications of various LCD TV manufacturers:
1. Samsung and Sony do not give any specification apart from RMS output - 10W+10W in both cases
2. Panasonic specifies 10W+10W and 10%THD
3. LG Jazz is 10W+10W+30W (30W is for the sub-woofer, I guess), and also rated at 10% THD

In any case, THD by itself is more or less a meaningless rating.

I have an LG Jazz 42LG80FR. Like Shredder, I got persuaded by the sound quality of this LCD which was markedly better, deeper, less tinnier etc. when compared to anything else in the market. I have a huge space crunch problem, so separate speakers were out of the question for me.

I've also tried playing audio CDs from an el cheapo DVD player. This is most definitely not high fidelity and the voices sound a bit muted/recessed etc, but in my limited knowledge, there was very good depth and reasonable clarity (I could hear some subtle details like fingers sliding on the guitar, etc), and the TV was able to fill my living room with pretty decent SPLs without sounding overstretched or without the sound breaking up/distorting. In short, for an LCD speaker system, this one is remarkable compared to what other companies are able to come up with, and it is probably comparable to an integrated audio system, but it cannot be compared to a decent entry level setup often recommended in this forum. Nonetheless, the limitations are not that bad, and I am happily living with it.

High end tvs in india like philips 9xxx and sony X and older Z also had woofer.

If you ask me just get a AE2 speakers does a really good job.

happy owner of LG LH60YR ( jazz theatre) 42in 700w ''PMPO'' ..
cant compare it to music system or nethin else.. however as compared to other lcd or plasma's ... yeah it beats the hell outta them... two subs in the rear and 3.1 and 5.1 virtual surround with options to change sub from 0-100. will couple of audio modes...

as far as a sound output of a 4 inch thick lcd is concerned ... nutin like it..

High end tvs in india like philips 9xxx and sony X and older Z also had woofer.

If you ask me just get a AE2 speakers does a really good job.

Not sure if there's a woofer or not but the sound output of the built in speakers in the 9703 is more than acceptable. Its easily the best I've heard out of TV speakers. The audio out is rated at 15Wx2.

Not sure if there's a woofer or not but the sound output of the built in speakers in the 9703 is more than acceptable. Its easily the best I've heard out of TV speakers. The audio out is rated at 15Wx2.

Oh i see ,but in the specs they do label them as 2 x woofer and 2x dome tweeters.even in the X series the woofer is 12wattsx2 a total of 6 speakers including 2 tweeters.
But they still make a difference compared to other tvs especially from those thin tvs like the samsung.

Any model of subwoofer with a flat TV built-in? ;)

Cheers

Sure there are gobble;) And not just one Flat TV but hundreds...look for these models - Airbus A340, A380 or Boeing 747, 777 ER. The biggest showrooms for these models are usually near duty free zones of airports:D:eek:hyeah:

Buddy...

That depends on individual...

If i am looking at the technology with the performance, i will always prefer QTV-2 then any HTiB crap...but if one is satisfied with the HTiB sound, i dont have any word in the same...
QTV-2 is not a HT Package, so its not comparable to any thing...

If you are talking about a HT, in 35K i just get good Multimedia speakers, which are far better than HTiB shits...

And for me instead on wasting even 35K on HTiB, i will prefer Sony or LG 5.1 multimedia shit, which they call a HT, for some 17-18K, they sound better than most of the HTiBs... so whats your say on that..

in any case as said earlier, QTV-2 is not a HT, so plz dont compare the same with that...

Mridulgoel, there was no need to get defensive and use the words I have highlighted in bold in your post above. Being a dealer member, I would expect careful usage of language from you towards your current & future customers.

For the record, there are quite a few HTiB owners who are members here and although I do not own a HTiB, I think your post is generally derisive of HTiBs. While you're entitled to your opinions about any product, in a public forum you ought to be more considerate of all members and express your opinion in a way that does not insult other members.

All I was saying was that for 35K, in my opinion one can do better than the product you highlighted and get a decent HTiB. The QTV-2 is a 2.1 system where as HTiBs are 5.1 or 7.1 There is an entire section of hifivision dedicated for HTiBs simply because there are lot of members who are looking to buy HTiBs due to budget, space and various other reasons. For example, see this post: http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-box/6236-price-thread-home-theater-box-8.html#post140612

And in your first paragraph you say that you will prefer QTV2, a 2.1 system over a HTiB which in most cases is a 5.1 system. But then in the last paragraph, you are already agreeing that you cannot compare QTV2 with a HTiB. Is that because it's not an even match? You simply cannot lay a claim that QTV-2 will be better than any HTiB, let alone something like Onkyo 3300 HTiB. If you still feel so, do explain to me and others how a 2.1 system will better a HTiB that supports among others 5.1 speakers, HDMI 1.4 etc.

The purpose of this forum is to provide the best possible suggestions / advice to members and one can't simply deride what others are saying.

Last edited:
Mridulgoel, there was no need to get defensive and use the words I have highlighted in bold in your post above. Being a dealer member, I would expect careful usage of language from you towards your current & future customers.

For the record, there are quite a few HTiB owners who are members here and although I do not own a HTiB, I think your post is generally derisive of HTiBs. While you're entitled to your opinions about any product, in a public forum you ought to be more considerate of all members and express your opinion in a way that does not insult other members.

All I was saying was that for 35K, in my opinion one can do better than the product you highlighted and get a decent HTiB. The QTV-2 is a 2.1 system where as HTiBs are 5.1 or 7.1 There is an entire section of hifivision dedicated for HTiBs simply because there are lot of members who are looking to buy HTiBs due to budget, space and various other reasons. For example, see this post: http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-box/6236-price-thread-home-theater-box-8.html#post140612

And in your first paragraph you say that you will prefer QTV2, a 2.1 system over a HTiB which in most cases is a 5.1 system. But then in the last paragraph, you are already agreeing that you cannot compare QTV2 with a HTiB. Is that because it's not an even match? You simply cannot lay a claim that QTV-2 will be better than any HTiB, let alone something like Onkyo 3300 HTiB. If you still feel so, do explain to me and others how a 2.1 system will better a HTiB that supports among others 5.1 speakers, HDMI 1.4 etc.

The purpose of this forum is to provide the best possible suggestions / advice to members and one can't simply deride what others are saying.

First of all the Most imp Point... I am not defensive / aggressive, when i am discussing out here...
But, you know, when we start discussions, we get excited, so their is nothin in personal with you or whoever...
I make sure that i dont mess with evn a single member, as all what we do out here is discussion, and increase our knowledge base, and ofcoarse as a Commercial member as well, i try if i can make some money, but for that, i never put pressure on anyone, or exaggerate my posts...Hope u must have observed that...

Anyways, my point in my last post was, that its not a product to be compared with 5.1/7.1 system...its a 2.1 system...

See in market there are many products available, but we dont rate LG, Samsung, Sony, Philips, under HT, do we...??? because we know, that every 5.1/7.1 is not a Home Theatre...
So, the point here is there are products available from a very affordable price range to the Extreme Moon High range, but they doesnt fall in same category of HT...
So, the only reason i suggested QTV2 is as its a discreet 2.1 Hidden system, where in there are no big speaker mounted or subwoofer placed on the wall or the amplifier kept somewhere and cables running around...
Its all packed in a slim jacket, that goes behind the TV...so this product
is more on a concept...its defenitely nt a HT...and thats the reason its priced high...and again its from the same company of Q Acoustics...

So, as per your point of 5.1/7.1 system vs QTV2, there is a lot of difference...

So, dont take anythin in personal... :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back