Floorstanders to go with marantz pm 6004

hseplak

Hello,
Looking for good medium budget floorstanders to go with marantz pm 6004 amp,i already have wharfedale 10.2s which i will be shifting to another room hence the requirement!!! Can anyone suggest please???
Thanks.

Plz specify medium budget!

The floorstander collection is huge and a every variation in the same brand itself, makes a lot of difference(eg. Dali Zensor 7 to the Ikon 6MkII - ~40K price diff, huge diff in output). The most important thing you have to look into is can your amp drive the speakers. In my recent experience, power specs mentioned for any given amp does not say it all. The best would be to carry your amp with you and audition as many as possible and choose what you like and what your amp can handle.

What someone says good, may not be what your looking for.
Mumbai, a place where ur gifted to get to select from many options, I would say start fixing up appointments for demos with various dealers..

Cheers and good luck with your speaker hunt

Plz specify medium budget!

Well for wharfs i paid 22k so i know fs will be costly affair for that i can double my budget say upto 45k!!! Carrying the amp everywhere :sad: can you suggest few good ones so to zero down and then as you say i will audition with the amp?
Thanks.

Hello,
Looking for good medium budget floorstanders to go with marantz pm 6004 amp,i already have wharfedale 10.2s which i will be shifting to another room hence the requirement!!! Can anyone suggest please???
Thanks.
Hello,

You already have wharfdale and you know its sound signature. IMO if you want a variety in sound(same genre sound different in different systems), then you should go for different type of speaker. I am indicating towards aluminium enclosure speakers. You can read the advantages of the same on net.
In India best VFM speaker available in this category is sonodyne AVANT 345.
give it a chance and have audition, then decide, you wont regret..

link is

SONODYNE

let us know your audition experience.

cheers
dheeraj

Last edited:
Hi HSEPLAK,
The most likely candidates are Dali ikons and Tannoys mercury, but as indicated by Dheeraj the Sonodynes prove to quite the surprise package they offer incredible VFM and SQ pouches much higher than its price band.. so audition all and choose what appeals to you the most

Hi hseplak,

Marantz is supposed to pair well with Boston Acoustics / Focal / Jamo / B&Ws.....depending on your budget, you could look at Boston Acoustics.....good vfm...

Hi hseplak,

Marantz is supposed to pair well with Boston Acoustics / Focal / Jamo / B&Ws.....depending on your budget, you could look at Boston Acoustics.....good vfm...

Hi efernand,

Any particular model in Boston?? Would appreciate that.
Thanks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back