FM Antenna for Denon AVR 1612

druk2004

Friends,

I live in Gurgaon and somehow the coaxial antenna is giving pathetic reception for FM inside the house.

Is there any solution to improve FM reception ? What about AM reception ?

Please suggest.

Cheers!!

Hi,

You can try wrapping the end of the coaxial antennae to the wall on a nail or screw....it will get some level of grounding and work....i did the same for my marantz....move the wire in various directions to determine the best clear signal and then attach it...

The first basic check you can run is to try changing the position of the antenna, followed by the receiver. If the reception does not improve, then look at increasing the height of the internal antenna (you may have to lengthen its connecting cable) indoors and check the results. If you indoor experiments fail, then you'd need an outdoor antenna. If you live in an apartment block, then this can pose several challenges. At times, something simple as keeping the tuner near a window, does help. There are several FM antenna solutions available. There are some internal ones with inbuilt amplifiers for boosting signal strength. A simple google search will bring forth a lot of information on the subject. If you are into DIY, you can even build your own indoor or outdoor antenna. Outdoor antennae are the best, there are omni and unidirectional ones, high gain and low gain ones. You'll need to choose one depending on your location, the terrain, signal strength of the station you intend to receive, etc.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back