FM transmission rules india

yash8

Hi,
I bought a samsung LCD from dubai, which has FM transmitter , which can be used to listen audio from mobile and Fm receiver. its frequency can be set between 80 to 102 something ,range is 10 Meters . I want to know that is it legal in india for using the FM band in such short range.

Hi,
I bought a samsung LCD from dubai, which has FM transmitter , which can be used to listen audio from mobile and Fm receiver. its frequency can be set between 80 to 102 something ,range is 10 Meters . I want to know that is it legal in india for using the FM band in such short range.
Yes, its legal for personal usage of FM provided power of transmitter is within 500mW. Mostly all small personal gadgets comply this.

BTW my reference guide pdf seems untraceable.

Hi,

Hi
I too bought a Samsung 40" LCD fm Dubai with the same features, I have not tried it out as it seems more of a gimmick, who would want to listen to music on a TV? should be legal.

^^ The feature will help in setting up something like a wireless headset.

TV > FM transmitter > Mobile > FM radio app > Earphones.

While not a killer-app feature, it is not a bad feature to have :)

I am really felt proud to be an owner of the Samsung 45" LCD, but I am not pretty convincing about the rules and its not fair enough. Thank god I live in the Europe.

Back