Focal 706 V2 with Harman Kardon AVR 240 - Focal specs say min impedance is 3.8 Ohms, and HK docs say their min impedance is 8 Ohms

rwnano

I got a pair of used Focals 706 V2 and I am running it with my Harman kardon 7.1 multichannel AVR 240 from 2005-6' in Stereo Mode [2.1 with a subwoofer] . The HK is 65 high current watts in stereo at 8Ohms. This makes the speakers run well - have plenty of power and sound good in my 200 sq ft room - 15*12.
I have an old laptop running Ubuntu outputting to a DAC - Topping D10s, running spotify. Feeding into the Harman Receiver.
Focal site gives the specs of the speakers as 8 Ohms average and 3.8 Ohms as their minimum impedance. Will the HK receiver get damaged by the low minimum impedance of the Focals?

I got a pair of used Focals 706 V2 and I am running it with my Harman kardon 7.1 multichannel AVR 240 from 2005-6' in Stereo Mode [2.1 with a subwoofer] . The HK is 65 high current watts in stereo at 8Ohms. This makes the speakers run well - have plenty of power and sound good in my 200 sq ft room - 15*12.
I have an old laptop running Ubuntu outputting to a DAC - Topping D10s, running spotify. Feeding into the Harman Receiver.
Focal site gives the specs of the speakers as 8 Ohms average and 3.8 Ohms as their minimum impedance. Will the HK receiver get damaged by the low minimum impedance of the Focals?

Hi,

If the speakers are running well and the AVR is not heating too fast then there should not be any issue. I use a pair of Bose 301 Series V whose specs are 4-8ohms. I have connected the same to Marantz SR series AVR at 8 ohms load. It works well and I am able to use the same for hours when listening to music / watching movies etc.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back