For Good Quality - HDMI or USB DAC?

Oeb

I'm considering what to use for my desktop entry-level speakers, Swan m200mkIII which is on the way. Which would give a better quality? Is a USB DAC better (I can only afford upto Rs7k, is HRT Music Streamer available in India? A remote control, I'm assuming they have one since they work through USB, would be nice) or instead of splurging such money on dAC, I should just get HDMI to RCA cable with the converter box? IS the sound quality comparable? Do the cables just work or is a special device needed?

Last edited:
You seem confused with a lot of terminologies and your requirement. I have not been able to understand what you are looking for.

If you are looking for music, you should look for a 2 channel out/input system. HDMI is a multichannel system that is used for AV, not music. Using that and converting for music is a baaaad idea.

Cheers

Both would do fine. Interface does not matter, its how the DAC handles incoming signal that matters. HDMI interface won't think, "hey its music signal. I have to treat it differently"

Both would do fine. Interface does not matter, its how the DAC handles incoming signal that matters. HDMI interface won't think, "hey its music signal. I have to treat it differently"

@oeb & @ Manoj .P - what is "HDMI to RCA cable with the converter box?"

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back