Friend Wants a Home Theater 5.1 [ Please Help ]

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Guys ,
He gave me this message

"I have been looking for a home theater with an amplifier . Hopefully 5.1 would be good. I had a demo of various brands like Sony, Yamaha, Klipsch..... The best in bass is the klipsch and yamaha......
Please suggest price is not an issue and also a perfect amplifier that can drive the speakers and woofer to the optimum level. "

Amarbir, such questions are very difficult to answer.

1. When a person say price is no object - what does he see as the limit? 1L, 5L, 20L?

2. HT 5.1 again is vague. Is it 5.1, 5.1HD, 3D, Blu-Ray......... ?

What is needed are things like room size, display, how many people are going to use, source player, and an actual budgetary figure.

Cheers

Amarbir, such questions are very difficult to answer.

1. When a person say price is no object - what does he see as the limit? 1L, 5L, 20L?

2. HT 5.1 again is vague. Is it 5.1, 5.1HD, 3D, Blu-Ray......... ?

What is needed are things like room size, display, how many people are going to use, source player, and an actual budgetary figure.

Cheers

Well VenkatCR :) Sir ,

I Will aSk Him This and revert back

Guys ,
The Guy Says

"Well make that under 1l..... And regarding 5.1.... make it anything but the best in the near future....... A normal room is there and planning for a projection with retractable screen...."

A good projector will, by itself, cost close to 1.25 lakhs.

At around a lakh what I can think of is an AVR such as Denon 1911, Onkyo 608, Yamaha 667 and a speaker set such as QA 2000 series.

You have have to buy a player, cables. I am not even counting room acoustics.

Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back