Funny thread on irresponsible neighbor's playing loud - and also useful tips :-)

I have a complaint against, churches , temples and mosques making me hate all religions blasting themusic of their choice to my eardrums. I always feel my freedom is violated. Sadly nobody is worried about their hearing when it comes to religious grounds.
Very true. I tried lodging police complaints earlier, but had no luck. Finally got a pack of 3M noise isolation buds, designed to counter this menace :)

I have a complaint against, churches , temples and mosques making me hate all religions blasting themusic of their choice to my eardrums. I always feel my freedom is violated. Sadly nobody is worried about their hearing when it comes to religious grounds.
During my school days, I stayed with my grandparents. The house almost a km away from the local church. I am christian. But I was extremely annoyed by the idea of blasting religious songs over the PA at 5.00 in the morning, which to me is some kind of violation to the freedom of the people in the locality. People around the area are from different religions, they dont have to bear all these. This is too inconsiderate of others. The same happened to me , for a brief time, in Chennai when my apartment was next to a temple. Many a times, my work ends at 12.00 A.M and I want a 6 hour sleep, and there was no choice that at 5.00 or before they will start with the prayer. I understand the religions, but being inconsiderate about fellow beings is opposite of any religions base.

During my school days, I stayed with my grandparents. The house almost a km away from the local church. I am christian. But I was extremely annoyed by the idea of blasting religious songs over the PA at 5.00 in the morning, which to me is some kind of violation to the freedom of the people in the locality. People around the area are from different religions, they dont have to bear all these. This is too inconsiderate of others. The same happened to me , for a brief time, in Chennai when my apartment was next to a temple. Many a times, my work ends at 12.00 A.M and I want a 6 hour sleep, and there was no choice that at 5.00 or before they will start with the prayer. I understand the religions, but being inconsiderate about fellow beings is opposite of any religions base.
Yeah. It's a common occurrence throughout the country. I'm in fact blessed by all the religions each having their reps in my close vicinity :)
Nowadays, instead of opposing them, which is a futile attempt, I'm happy with the 3M and follow Epictectus, "Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle. Some things are within your control. And some things are not" :)

the real problem is not that people want to pray early morning or on a Sunday or five times a day ....they insist that they will broadcast that using non-audiophile sound systems ......when that keeps happening regularly and they refuse to follow the law Or Police decides not to act ....then you have no option but to grin and bear it ...

Where I live ....there is a huge slum population ...so apart from religious functions ...weddings , birthday , Jayanthi of different leaders are also regularly celebrated .....played out at ear splitting volumes ....

My house is near a big temple compound. So early in the morning the head priest starts chants and aarti on the PA system and there's no escaping the mighty PA cone speakers. They are shrill, shouty and have a penetrating reach. To top that the priest has a very nasal and piercing voice.

So one fine day went to the temple and had a few words with the priest. Ofcourse I lied about my studies and an infant daughter being very irritable to theses morning chants

WORKED....the volume went down.

Now its me who's blasting Led Zep in mornings to my neighbors. So far nobody came to complain. ;)

It's sad, but true when it come to public broadcasts like these. Whoever does it is clearly insensitive to people who might be unwilling victims, the light sleepers, late sleepers, insomniacs, children and pet animals with more sensitive hearing. Even our so called music can be irritating to neighbors when we exceed the limits. I have cats and dogs at my place and use them to set the desired volume level. If they stay in the music room without any sign of discomfort, then it's likely to be a safe listening level without annoying them. When measured using the phone, this was coming to around 70-75dB at listening position, which according to OHSAS is also a safe level for humans.

It's sad, but true when it come to public broadcasts like these. Whoever does it is clearly insensitive to people who might be unwilling victims, the light sleepers, late sleepers, insomniacs, children and pet animals with more sensitive hearing. Even our so called music can be irritating to neighbors when we exceed the limits. I have cats and dogs at my place and use them to set the desired volume level. If they stay in the music room without any sign of discomfort, then it's likely to be a safe listening level without annoying them. When measured using the phone, this was coming to around 70-75dB at listening position, which according to OHSAS is also a safe level for humans.
I am a light sleeper. I am not against peoples free will to religions. But they should keep it to their boundaries. They are invading my property and freedom via air. If I want to listen to prayer, I can listen it at my will at my home. If I dont have a system which can play it I can go to the church / temple / mosque and listen to it. If I dont live next to one, well if God exists he would forgive or understand. But I am sure all these irritating ppl will go to hell if it exists.

I am a light sleeper. I am not against peoples free will to religions. But they should keep it to their boundaries. They are invading my property and freedom via air. If I want to listen to prayer, I can listen it at my will at my home. If I dont have a system which can play it I can go to the church / temple / mosque and listen to it. If I dont live next to one, well if God exists he would forgive or understand. But I am sure all these irritating ppl will go to hell if it exists.
Just for fun - may be atheist campaign songs/speeches at loud volume from our house against these worship places may help, who knows :)

Just for fun - may be atheist campaign songs/speeches at loud volume from our house against these worship places may help, who knows :)
Yeah. Led zeppelin is our God of choice ;) atleast pop stars are less violent than religions nowadays.

I've been on both sides of this.
In the UK I got a nice setup, but the moment I turned it on, I got visits from a neighbor on one side who could not put up with the sound. Mind you that I was playing classic fm at the lowest possible volume. Apparently the paper thin walls could not block any sounds. I resorted to taking extended lunch breaks so that I could listen to music at noon, and even that got stopped. It was extremely frustrating.
During MBA, in our hostel, every other guy had a 2.1, and sometimes people blasting music would get out of hand. Thankfully I had a logitech z2300, which was positively a wmd compared to everyone else's speakers, and when that got turned up up full blast, everyone got the message :D

It is not just early morning or late nights ......On some occasions like .....various jayanthi's , weddings ,etc .....they keep blaring for the whole day .....

On a positive note ...I discovered all the Indian brands through them ....Norge / DNM / Pace / Ahuja speakers etc ....and I wanted to buy them ...ended up buying Marantz though ..

when I used to increase the volume on my earlier panasonic stereo system ....my mother used to say ...why are playing it like them
Now I am using Marantz PM11s2 ...and even If I crank up the volume ....no complaints .....infact when one of relatives checked on this ...my mother responded by saying ...now he does not play at loud volumes .....that was a sort of vindication of what hi-end audiophile systems stand for - No distortion even at loud volumes

Low frequencies do not get blocked by earplugs for me at least! That's the hardest part during Durgapuja or Kalipuja in Kolkata. The taste of the present generation has changed as well - the are more into remixes, the so called 'DJ' mixes etc. Those musics played from 6-8 JBL boxes and several loudspeakers literally shake you. There's no point reasoning with that neighbour or the self proclaimed DJ at the religious festival.
One young neighbour did make so many people around him irritated that the mere sight of him entering his room mate us fear for the worst. Post marriage though, he has transformed like a butterfly from a caterpillar.
However, in the last few years, things are changing for better due to prolonged campaigns, some unfortunate incidents and of course self-awareness - yes during the pujas as well. And we need to show the way. I make sure that my neighbours don't even get a chance to complain!

Not one of my neighbors knows that I listen late into the night often. It is not audible outside if my apartment. I make sure if that.

All one way courtesy. Concrete clogs check, horrendously loud badly behaved crotch fruit check loud fireworks check. None them bothers me as much as the loud telly or whatever with really poor SQ, i'll forive the execrable choice of material but the tinny scrreechy distorted sounds make me feel like I am at gitmo.

No one sees (hears? ) these as issues let alone make the connection with privacy or invasion. It is just taken as a given by the smug entitled gentle mansandwimmens. "Kya aap flat mein nahin rahte, bacche hai awaz karenge"
Hmph.

GR
I've gotten a quite from fenestra. It would be the kind of money to upgrade to 3.7i. :/

Last edited:
In Europa even churches have controlled loudness level. But to over come the problem of audibity at every corner most places have more speakers all working at low levels of loudness. We use 2 or 4 boxes to blast an area. The person standing in front suffers the most.

Not one of my neighbors knows that I listen late into the night often. It is not audible outside if my apartment. I make sure if that.

All one way courtesy. Concrete clogs check, horrendously loud badly behaved crotch fruit check loud fireworks check. None them bothers me as much as the loud telly or whatever with really poor SQ, i'll forive the execrable choice of material but the tinny scrreechy distorted sounds make me feel like I am at gitmo.

No one sees (hears? ) these as issues let alone make the connection with privacy or invasion. It is just taken as a given by the smug entitled gentle mansandwimmens. "Kya aap flat mein nahin rahte, bacche hai awaz karenge"
Hmph.

GR
I've gotten a quite from fenestra. It would be the kind of money to upgrade to 3.7i. :/

"I thought, I knew English."

In Europa even churches have controlled loudness level. But to over come the problem of audibity at every corner most places have more speakers all working at low levels of loudness. We use 2 or 4 boxes to blast an area. The person standing in front suffers the most.
Yes. We need to do something like this
1565424469518.png

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back