Gaana.com - HD Music ?

Great suggestions guys. Gaana is currently top on my list. I will give Wynk and Spotify a try too. Jio Music is limited to the phone I guess. Screencasting is something I don't want to try as my CC is a HDMI version hooked to the receiver. The intention is to bypass the receiver for music. So it's going to be browser based along with JRiver as it allows browser sound to be routed through my DAC as a Wasapi Event.

MaSh

Quite strange! another couple of time re-installation done, still no cast option there.:eek:

Will you please share which version of android are you using and model of your handset?

I am using a Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) model with the Android 6.0.1 latest updated on 1st May, 2017.

Can you confirm the Jio Music version? I have 1.8.3

You can see it from top left menu option to support to About us.

Its actually under Home->Support->About Us and it says 1.8.7. I think I have the latest version, try and download this APK file and https://jiomusic.en.aptoide.com/ install bypassing the play store version. By the way I did not use this APK and the got the latest version installed automatically couple of days back when i first installed the Jio Music app.

Updated bypassing play store, now I have the cast option. Wondering why play store didn't provide it automatically as I always keep auto update on. Thank you very much.

Jiomusic version 1.8.7, seems to be not stable. Freezing quite often, I think that's why it was not officially updated, might be my handset (Redmi Note 4) is not suitable for it, or may be google sensed some problem with this version, so is not officially available any more.

Last edited:
More update about Jiomusic version 1.8.7,

All other apps (gaana, wynk, saavn, google music) with default cast option stream with 44.1 kHz sampling rate, but Jiomusic ver. 1.8.7 is streaming with 48kHz sampling rate with it's default cast option which is equal to the rate when one use force audio cast/screen cast option using google home control app.

Volume rocker button on handset works seamlessly with all other apps (which have default cast options) to control the volume gain of Google CCA, but not with Jiomusic ver. 1.8.7. Volume is here fixed and maximum which I like as I hate any unnecessary mid/control interface. But some may not like it as it gives quick control when situation demands.

Still I can confirm these bugs(??) have no apparent effect on the quality of the Jiomusic streaming and it is excellent among Indian Apps.

Now I have doubt if this 1.8.7 version was really official???

Last edited:
I just noticed today ( and may be it has been avaliable earlier) that Gaana.com now allows selection of quality of streaming. For low fee of 199/month it allows for HD music streaming, this looks like terrific deal ( if it works)

Anybody has tried it ? What does HD music mean ?

-Amit

Ive tried. But not sure if its really HD or high bit rate mp3

Eager to know
I have a same question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a new mobile for the wife, and installing Jio apps it gives Jio Music 1.8.7. with casting icon.

I'm still on 1.8.3 and shows no updates.

IMO Spotify has the best sound quality among all the music apps. You can use a VPN to connect to it.
I'm happy with Google Play Music's quality as well and it's much better than Saavn and Ganaa.
But the Google Play Music app has got a lot of issues with finding proper playlists or the top charts and finding new music.

So I'll probably move to Jio Music which has got a pretty good music quality and free for me and Spotify is always my No.1 choice.

P.S. Never tried Tidal and it probably has the best sound quality as far as i heard.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I'm using Apple Music, Google Play Music, Amazon Music and Gaana

I tried to compare sound quality (with their respective highest quality options). To me sound quality differs with the type of speaker/headphone I use

I use Bose Soundsport Wireless and with this Apple Music sounds best with AAC bluetooth codec option. I would say optimum level

Otherwise I feel Gaana's sound quality is comparable to Apple Music if not better. Especially indian music. I dont' have spotify as its yet to launch in India

Amazon music doesn't sound that good. Google play music is second to Gaana I would say

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back