Garrard 401, Lenco L75, Technics SP25 in the house

Hey Reuben - Hope you are doing well. You have been away from the forum for a while now. Many of us as well have been quite busy and not so regular on HFV. With my passion for Vinyl, I realized that regular participation and discussions on this forum is a part of my passion. Missing those regular interactions. Paging all vinyl enthusiasts for a comeback :)

Now back to this thread, I am assuming both the L75 and 401 have started to sing and we are all eagerly looking forward to a report with a lot of pictures.

Cheers!

Hi RP,

Reuben is away on an assignment. Me too missing him. May be he will return with an EMT.:eek:hyeah:

I have started my pending projects for 401 & L 75 CLD plinths. The project is underway with Joshua's help & guidance.. After a long search I managed to get Beech (birch) ply.

More updates later.

Last edited:
Hi RP,

Reuben is away on an assignment. Me too missing him. May be he will return with an EMT.:eek:hyeah:

I have started my pending projects for 401 & L 75 CLD plinths. The project is underway with Joshua's help & guidance.. After a long search I managed to get Beech (birch) ply.

More updates later.

Very nice to hear from you as well Shafic. We need to start bringing the phono section back to life.

Where did you manage to get Birch ply. Looking forward to your builds.

Where did you manage to get Birch ply.

It is actually beech wood plywood, not birch wood plywood. Beech is very similar to birch, a bit harder than birch, comes from the same geographical area (the cold climes of northern Europe, Russia, north America), and has - IMHO - infinitely more beautiful grain than the plain Jane birch. Results of informal "knuckle rap test" on the 10 mm ply are very positive indeed:)

Sourced from Classic Plywood, Tardeo Road, near Bhatia Hospital, Mumbai Central. Unlike some cheaper plywoods, the good thing about this plywood is there is absolutely no gap when sawed. It is hard and dense and shows up in the rap test.

Yes Josh!!

CLASSIC PLYWOOD - 9820223750, Deepak, retailer.

DINESH Bhai - 9223173028. wholesale supplier/stockist.

regds,
shafic

I am missing Mr. Kuruvilla too. Sir!! how are you?

Yes Josh!!

CLASSIC PLYWOOD - 9820223750, Deepak, retailer.

DINESH Bhai - 9223173028. wholesale supplier/stockist.

regds,
shafic

I am missing Mr. Kuruvilla too. Sir!! how are you?

Dear Shafic,
Thanks for remembering me. I've been extremely busy with some social commitments and I just read through the forum but does not get to time contribute . When I do I will post some fantastic mods I did to my SP 25 which has taken it to a really audiophile quality or rather studio standards.

Regards
Kuruvila

Hello Friends!

Hope those vinyls are spinning as good! Have been reading the forum often and despite being logged on each day, not getting enough time to post.

Great to see some new members contributing enthusiastically to the forum.

Regards,
Saket

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back