Good in-ear headphones for ipod under 3k

Disasterpeice

Hi everyone.

Suggest me some good in-ear headphones under 3k for my ipod. Music that I listen to is metal music and some punk rock. Will be highly obliged if any suggestions are made.

Thanks a lot for all the help

Are you looking for a local purchase? Or online? If its the latter, and you dont mind buying from overseas websites, your options multiply.
If you can source it, the Ecci Pr401 would do a swell job.

You can look at the Brainwavz M2 from mp4nation website or from Pristinenote on ebay.in

You could also check out stuff from Xears like Xe200, TDIII etc

I have Klipsch Image S4i The sound quality is excellent for the money ... they have a ton of bass which is perfect for what I am using them for.

You can go for senheiser cz 300 II.!
They have a good bass and if you get tight fit you may like it.!

By the way, you have some specific ones in mind??
Also, you want online or offline or either buying method?

i used Sound Magic pl 50 bought frm Theitdepot for 2.5k(roughly).

now i use Etymotic HF 5 which is in a different league altogether.

i wud say PL50 are pretty damn gud for that money.

being a BA driver IEM, u might not get bass as gud as dynamic driven IEM but this is v. v. gud for fast paced bass common in remixes n similar music

after using above 2 n grado sr80i headphones, one thing which is clear to me is, ur music taste(rock, classical, jazz etc.,) shud decide what sound signature u look for and then narrow down your options accordingly.

All the best with your purchase!! :)

by gud, i meant adequate amounts(again depends on whats adequate for you). but bass quality as such is amazing, i mean with limited experience i have my understanding is BA drivers reproduce most controlled n refined bass than dynamic drivers.

i took more than 2 months for me to come 2 terms with the lack (read less) bass with my etys or Pl50 n see the beauty in them. but clarity is astounding compared to my Blackberry stock buds which i thought were v. gud before venturing into this serious gear. Hope this helps!!

Sennheiser CX Series. Dont know which one will come in your budget bit i have used 3 sennheiser earphones and all were good..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If restricted to buying locally (From what I've heard in my order of preference, which may not be the same as yours). Off the top of my head

Under < 1000

• SoundMagic ES18 (My initial impressions)
  • SoundMagic PL30 (bass light, good sound stage, sort of PL50 without refinement)
  • SoundMagic PL11 (Better than EP630. Punchy bass, warm mids, smallish sound stage)

1-3K

• Brainwavz M2 (Do-no-wrong signature. Bumped up, but softer on the ears bass, forward mid range, slightly recessed treble, smallish to normal sound stage)
  • SoundMagic E10 (Hard hitting bass, but more airy than textured, warm sweet mid range, good treble, airy sound stage)
  • SoundMagic PL50 (bass light, warm liquid mid range, good treble, good sound stage and imaging. I generally find E series to be better and PL series a tad boring. But that's just me)
  • Brainwavz M1 (Balanced, more bass than PL50, but less than M2, slightly recessed mids, slightly sparkly treble - a little less than PL50 I assume as I got the loaners at different times. Has what I'd call the 'typical brainwavz M series signature' - non-fatiguing, warm and good for a wider audience)

If you can buy online, that would open up your options a little more (at least not restricted to 2-3 brands). There's a lot more in Joker's thread, but not all of them ship internationally. Off the top of my head....

• Xears XE200 (Poor build quality, but no need to send back IEM to Germany. Balanced, good bass - though lesser compared to the typical Xears, slightly recessed but clear mids, decent treble, wide sound stage. Using a coupon, all Xears IEMs come to 30 + 8 EUR shipping)
  • MEElectronics A151 (only when there's a sale or if you can get someone to bring it from US. Fairly different from the typical BA signature with a bass and lower mid emphasis, but a fatigue free signature. Might take a little more time to adjust to it)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back