good moth RCM kit on ebay

superb deal stevie!

you'll build one for a fraction of the cost that I paid for a nitty grittty!

RCM's are truly worth it. It is the 'best' upgrade for any vinyl head... one that you'd not realise unless you use it!

staggering difference!

Yup I hope someone grabs it if the price does not go too high...

Tapatalking. Look ma, no computer!

just got 1 ft sq. microfibre towels from big bazar. set of 4 costs rs 95 only. now i wanna know where to source carbon fiber brush locally.
i wonder whether soft bristled toothbrush would be good ?? finger palpation of such brush reveals they might not scratch the vinyl. must be good for the purpose. any takes??

I recently got some new records cleaned in Singapore on a Okki Nokki. OKKI NOKKI. It is a very good RCM and a worthy investment to anyone who has a large record collection.

Considering it was ~700 SGD and around 7 kilos, I too was tempted. Then decided to try a DIY RCM first.

Clear audio German make carbon fibre brush is available here in Dubai for Dhs.110.

Entsurgeon,

The carbon fiber is for it's anti static properties for brushing loose dust off just before play. A toothbrush would not be a good substitute. but might do for wet cleaning. I used to use local shop velvet wrapped around a thermocol rectangular chunk for wet cleaning before.

Regards

You could use velvet cloth to wipe the lp while it's rotating on the platter before play also. Carbon fiber should be available with nova audio Mumbai. They'd ship it to you.

I recently got some new records cleaned in Singapore on a Okki Nokki. OKKI NOKKI. It is a very good RCM and a worthy investment to anyone who has a large record collection.

Considering it was ~700 SGD and around 7 kilos, I too was tempted. Then decided to try a DIY RCM first.

Not sure...but Okki Nokki was made and sold by Cadence isn't it? Or sold by them?

entsurgeon, your PM Inbox is full. I am trying to contact you but PMs dont go. Please clear your inbox and contact me.

Sorry guys, please carry on :)

i remember a conversation i once had with a tape repair guy who was also into vinyls. he used handheld air blower to dust the electric appliances. when asked whether this could be used to blow dust off vinyls, he said it can be. but the old layer of dust on any surface would never go by blowing air. he said it has to be washed away using brush etc.
in my opinion, for light dusting before playing a vinyl, this air blower is excellent as its a no contact device. no contact=no statics. however crackles and pops may seep in due to old stubborn dust layer. whats the forums opinion?
now how can i fashion an antistatic device ? as such how can i ascertain whether a vinyl full of pops and crackles is dusty or static-charged??

You get a good selection here as well:

Record Brushes

The best one IMO is the second one. I have it and use it, and is much better than any other brush I have ever used for cleaning records!

You get a good selection here as well:

Record Brushes

The best one IMO is the second one. I have it and use it, and is much better than any other brush I have ever used for cleaning records!

I also use the same brush from Sleevecity.com just before playing each record. But this thread is for wet cleaning/ vacuum cleaning. A good vacuum cleaning is the best way to clean a record.

I also use the same brush from Sleevecity.com just before playing each record. But this thread is for wet cleaning/ vacuum cleaning. A good vacuum cleaning is the best way to clean a record.

referring to my previous post, the guy also mentioned that no air stream/or vacuuming would remove this settled layer of dust. wet cleaning is the only way to remove it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back