Good preamp around $300

matbhuvi

I am planning to invest on a active speaker for my desktop/room setup. I am looking for a preamp to pair it with a active speaker like Emotiva Stealth 8. As the amp section is going to be solid state, thinking about a tube based preamp to add a warmth to overall setup. It will be a bonus if it has a balanced output for headphone, but not a must. Looking for suggestions to buy from US.

Hi
I am also looking for a pre for my setup and want a tube pre
Was also thinking about getting from usa but biggest hassle is voltage
Also for that price i feel there is nothing good, infact i was looking for.something in $800 to $1000 range

I think for your budget a passive pre will be fine if it works with your active speakers or a b1?

If tube preamp is what you guys are looking for, rather than going through the hassles of ordering them through paypal, getting them shipped and facing the uncertainty of how the inglorious customs treats them, why not look at your back yard and get either the Lyrita DHT pre or the Acoustic Portrait Swara preamp both of which are in a league of their own and have different sound signatures.

Last edited:
Hi Capt

Any site which has info Ap Thaiga pre?

I checked their site and there is only the Swara pre mentioned

[Shameless plug] shall shortly be putting my mccormack tlc-1 for sale soon. Very close to your budget.[/shameless plug]

Also do not go by tube vs solid state. Go by the sound it produces.

I'd heartily recommend the Lyrita DHT Pre, but that will be a bit more expensive.

The iFi iTube will be available in India in about a month, and it should be priced just at the equivalent of about $330 here, with warranty.

I'd heartily recommend the Lyrita DHT Pre, but that will be a bit more expensive.

The iFi iTube will be available in India in about a month, and it should be priced just at the equivalent of about $330 here, with warranty.

Who will be distributing iFi Audio in India??? Kindly share the info pls, tks
:)

^^ The D&D is a good friend, based in Kochi. They should be introducing themselves here soon enough. I've asked them to sign up here, and if possible, try and have the products listed in Hifimart. The entire iFi-Audio range is being brought to India. :)

I am planning to invest on a active speaker for my desktop/room setup. I am looking for a preamp to pair it with a active speaker like Emotiva Stealth 8. As the amp section is going to be solid state, thinking about a tube based preamp to add a warmth to overall setup. It will be a bonus if it has a balanced output for headphone, but not a must. Looking for suggestions to buy from US.

Have you personally listened to the Emotiva's ?

Have you already ordered ?

Have you personally listened to the Emotiva's ?

Have you already ordered ?

Right now i am in US. I am planning to audition few active setups in the next couple of months and choose between them.

The specs of Transcendent Grounded Grid is really impressive.

The iFi Tube really fits the budget and the reviews are really promising.

Will read about these more. Thanks a ton for pitching in :)

Also do not go by tube vs solid state. Go by the sound it produces.

Well the previous HiFivision meet in Chennai got me hooked up to look at the tubey sound. So, i really want to try them out this time.

Hi matbhuvi
I got an email from bruce regarding the gg pre that he is out of stocks for the chasis and new stock is not expected before jan 6th. So even if i want it i cant get it as my cousin is leaving on 7th
Its too bulky to be sent by courier
So if u want it, take a decision well in advance
Also since you are in usa for a few months you have tons and tons of used options to choose from

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back