Greetings from Canada

Johnny2Bad

Hello all, I am Johnny2Bad from Western Canada. I joined the forum as a result of some research on phono preamps and in particular the DIY "CNC" or "muffsy" design, which both are basically taken from an application note for the LME49720 Operational Amplifier (OpAmp) manufactured by National Semiconductor.

If anyone is unfamiliar with the pre-preamplifier or "phono pre" project which is well described in a thread here on HiFiVision, the thread title is:

"Batery powered DIY CNC phono stage"

found at the phono-turntables subforum found here on HiFiVision:

http://www.hifivision.com/phono-turntables/20115-batery-powered-diy-cnc-phono-stage-1.html

Anyone interested in vinyl or adding LP playback to their HiFi system is well advised to start with this relatively easy project, which offers excellent performance to boot.

In summary, brush up or learn soldering skills and have some fun for a few hours' work, enhance your sound system, and save some money.

In any case I am quite happy to join this community based in India, which rounds out my forum selection so that a new perspective awaits almost any worthwhile Audio topic.

My experience ... I hope to be able to add to the forum in a constructive and informative manner ... goes back to the 1970's.

I have an interest in this hobby as an ordinary consumer, as someone employed in the industry, and also as someone who has owned a HiFi retailer back in what most readers of this forum would consider to be the "classic" days, depending on what year in the past 40 or so you are asking about.

Regards to everyone here ... now back to my research ...

Hi,

Welcome to HFV, I am sure you will learn and enjoy the experiences and advice provided by our fellow members. Dont forget to browse posted forums which would have the answers required for the queries you have or challenges you face.all the besthappy browsing!

hi

look forward to your contributions especially as an ordinary customer and also w r t you being involved in the audio industry.

regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back