Greetings

grindstone

Hello everyone - just registered. Not sure how I missed this forum but happy to have found it two days ago. My interest is in home audio. I liked the differing perspectives I've seen so far. I liked the forum guidelines (now I finally know what all the FM's mean) :) Most of all, I sense an openness and tolerance here which is inviting. Mostly, I am an old speaker junkie (both senses of old), but I found the forum reading amp posts. Home audio has been a rewarding lifelong hobby, and I'll still listen to almost anything just to hear it. Thank you for making this environment available.

Hello everyone - just registered. Not sure how I missed this forum but happy to have found it two days ago. My interest is in home audio. I liked the differing perspectives I've seen so far. I liked the forum guidelines (now I finally know what all the FM's mean) :) Most of all, I sense an openness and tolerance here which is inviting. Mostly, I am an old speaker junkie (both senses of old), but I found the forum reading amp posts. Home audio has been a rewarding lifelong hobby, and I'll still listen to almost anything just to hear it. Thank you for making this environment available.
Hi! Welcome to the forum. I can see that you're making some meaningful posts as well.

Do share your old speaker experiences. We'll also be glad to understand which place is GMT-6. :)

Thank you, Your Captainness. Sincere thanks for this forum and the work to keep it going! Probably been talking too much for a new guy. Still learning about the forum and its nature but very-much enjoying the learning. It is unlike other forums I've ever read and I'm very grateful to have found this wonderful spirit of openness and sharing of knowledge. So many people are such capable builders, too! I love this place :)

And apology for location--that is a bad habit from 90's when Usenet contained no small number of actually crazy people (I learned that, there). I am 11.5 hours behind and it is very much winter here and I will be shoveling snow this week. Also just learned of the half-hour increments and feel embarrassed to not have known that.

My old speaker experiences are simple--mostly I try to save them but if they are about 50-75 years old and heavy, I like something about all of them :) I will find something to share when I learn more about what's appropriate here. Thank you again for the welcome and for the forum.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back