Guitar to Audio Interface to Computer Speakers?

chander

Question for people with Studio knowledge.

Can I connect a Bass Guitar directly to a USB audio interface like the Audient/Focusrite.
Then connect it to my MacBook via USB
Then Use my MacBook to output that audio directly to my RME Adi 2DAC FS via USB which is then connected to my speakers.

I have been looking for ways to do this on Youtube, but most of the things I am finding are regarding recording.
Then there are some mixed opinions on damage etc etc.

Can someone guide?

Thanks!

Hi,

Not sure if this answers your question, but for what it's worth...

1.Install a DAW and connect your interface.

2. Use the Direct Monitoring button on your interface. You should be getting your bass guitar's output signal directly through to your headphone/speaker.

I use guitar > Behringer UM2 usb interface > Win11 laptop. Laptop usb out to Fiio K5Pro dac amp> RCA out to Edifier 1280 DB powered speakers.

My laptop runs the Reaper DAW with ASIO drivers for lower latency.

If the REC button on the DAW is not triggered, you should be able hear your bass guitar from your speakers without actually recording.

Note that I don't use a bass guitar, but should work just as well.

Hi,

Not sure if this answers your question, but for what it's worth...

1.Install a DAW and connect your interface.

2. Use the Direct Monitoring button on your interface. You should be getting your bass guitar's output signal directly through to your headphone/speaker.

I use guitar > Behringer UM2 usb interface > Win11 laptop. Laptop usb out to Fiio K5Pro dac amp> RCA out to Edifier 1280 DB powered speakers.

My laptop runs the Reaper DAW with ASIO drivers for lower latency.

If the REC button on the DAW is not triggered, you should be able hear your bass guitar from your speakers without actually recording.

Note that I don't use a bass guitar, but should work just as well.
Correction: The RCA connection to the powered speakers are from the interface, not the laptop>dac amp

Can I connect a Bass Guitar directly to a USB audio interface like the Audient/Focusrite.
Then Use my MacBook to output that audio directly to my RME Adi 2DAC FS via USB which is then connected to my speakers.

I have been looking for ways to do this on Youtube, but most of the things I am finding are regarding recording.

Can someone guide?

Thanks!
I think it should work. But latency would be a problem. If it didn't work use a daw and switch to direct monitoring and it should solve the issue.

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up buying the Scarlett 2i2 Gen 4 for the time being by mistake. I had placed the order and thought I cancelled, but well it arrived, so now I have it.

Question on monitor safety.

I am currently plugging in the chain as -
Guitar (ESP LTD B04 - active pickup) -> line in of the audio interface (with INST +safe button on) -> Macbook Air M1 -> Garage Band as DAW -> RME ADI 2 DAC via USB -> Genelec G3+7040 Sub.
The Scarlett is set as the input in DAW & RME as the Output.
The Gain is set to either auto or -12Db on scarlett.

Questions -
1 - What are the safety measures I should take so I do not damage my RME & Genelecs?
2 - Is it possible to Damage the Genelecs/RME this way?
3 - Is a DI box/ preamplifier in the middle a safer way to boost the guitar signal safely?

I asked a couple of my friends who still play instruments, but I got no concrete answer.

Help is needed :)
Thanks!

Can someone guide?

Thanks!
His videos are dedicated to everything about studio set up. He has also kept a meet up in Bangalore, when he will be in India.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back