Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 XD loudspeaker REVIEWED August 31, 2022, by Howard Milstein awarded Soundadvocate Product of the year award.

Absolute Phase

A most insightful review of the Harbeth Compact 7ES-3XD. https://www.thesoundadvocate.com/.../harbeth-compact.../...

MY CONCLUSIONS

Ultimately, The Harbeth Compact 7 ES3/XD is a stunning loudspeaker! These wonderful speakers from Harbeth give you the impression that you are listening to a genuine “live performance” in your room thanks to their extraordinarily ”enchanting” and nuanced midrange, a truly deceptive and powerful bass response for the speaker’s size, and a clear, emphatic, almost perfect treble response.

One can compare the Compact 7 ES3/XD to loudspeakers costing almost 4 times as much money and you will never look back or want for more. When a loudspeaker can take on my Quads, Spendors and Living Voice, and yes- even the Magico A3 (the latter at least in the mid/treble range) which many describe as legends in their own right, you quickly become aware that designer Alan Shaw has implemented that “amazing touch” into these updated Compact 7es/3 loudspeakers. (no slouches in their own right).

Some music lovers and audiophiles have objected to the presumably “higher price points”, comparatively speaking, of the Harbeth line in general. While not having personally heard the more expensive Harbeths in my room, in this case I can only object to the above adamantly. The Compact 7es-3/XD retails for approximately $4,800 per pair depending on the finish. I steadfastly proclaim that they are worth every penny!

sound advocate ed choice

Attachments

• c7award.jpg
    c7award.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 5
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back