HBO showing too many ads

askii2

I noticed in recent times that HBO has increased their ad times a lot. Each ad break runs to as long as 10 minutes followed by 10 mins. of movie in the first hour of the movie. It's a little better later, but is too high. A 120 min. movie goes as long as 165 mins because of ad breaks. Do other people also think the same?

The movie running just now (teen wolf) there were breaks at 9:50pm, 10:00pm, 10:10pm and 10:20pm, each ran for 3+ minutes.

It can be irritating and can take away all the joy from a movie. I wonder how can they regulate this given that viewers of DTH are already paying a premium.

I too agree, ads are irritating

HBO was my favorite channel and after switching over to Tata Sky HD, now Star Movies HD is my favorite channel - no ads (as of now).

Hope HBO HD will come soon and without ads (at least for initial launch period).

AXN is worse than HBO as far as length and frequency of ads is concerned. Star Plus takes first prize in this regard.

Well its only a matter of time HD channels start showing Ads,look at Movies Now.

I like PIX and zee studio for many movies they show just a single break.

Watching movies on DTH is pure frustration........I can hardly remember when I last watched any movie on cable television except watching the daily news......

After I switch over to Tatasky+ HD I almost stopped watching any program real time. I keep the program on recording and start watching the recorded version around 30 min later so that I can fast forward the Ad. To save space I immediatly delete the program once i watch it.

Buy a hd recorder and then fast forward all the ads :) Have been doing this from the past few months and it is a great relief. I use Tata Sky HD+

I am sure a lot of members of this of this forum will be ok paying more to receive an ad-free paid channel :).

I guess like everything else in India, rock bottom prices have taken a toll on the content. Look at what's happened to cellphone market.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back