HD Ready or Full HD

himanshurajan

Hello Members,

So far I had decided to go for P42ST50D. But after viewing some of the threads I really have to reconsider the decision.

USE: Full HD 1080p English Bluray movies and HD set top box for channels. Will be watching more of sports on TV channels. Rarely will use it for gaming.

NEED: 40 to 45 inch TV at max. Viewing distance is 5 to 7 feet. The room is not bright so the lighting is not an issue for plasma.

Will I need Full HD or HD ready? Should it be LCD, LED or Plasma Tv?

Request your honest opinion.

Thanks.

With 42" inch plasma, blurays and HD STB, you should go for Full HD TV rather than HD ready. As your source and contents are of high quality hd ready will be a bottleneck in this case with large panel.

if your time is in Daily dramas
-- HDReady should do
i.e you will be only concerned by the story and the Empathy part of your attachment to watching on any "tv Set".
And if you are not, then for what ever you pointed out, full HD is gona make a difference in how you spent your time in front of it.

Since your viewing distance is only 5-7 feet, you'll be better off with Full HD. Even if the difference is not that significant on a 42" screen, its still there. Unless budget is a concern, there's no point in getting 720p TV. Even with HD channels which are 1080i, you'll notice an improvement between 720p and 1080p TV.

As far as plasmas are concerned, I doubt there are any available in 42". Not sure though. What's your budget for TV btw? If you have enough space and budget to fit a 50" panasonic/samsung plasma, that would be your best bet IMO.

St50 has been praised quite well in the forums for its PQ so that seems like a sound choice. Do make sure you know about plasma's issues beforehand though. ie IR and burn in. For the rest, plasma vs led, 720 vs 1080, and overall PQ, you can very easily find showrooms which have multiple displays side by side for demo. See for yourself if you can make out a diff between 720 vs 1080 from 5-7 feet or not.

Since you will be watching BD movies, I will advise ST50 because of:

- neoPDP panel
- infinite black pro filter
- 12,288 shades of gradation
- 5.5m: 1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 2500 Hz focussed field drive

The ST50 is one of the best plasmas out there. It matches the performance of GT50 and last year's VT30 when callibrated and is real value for money. It beats almost all TVs out there save the top end VT50 model which is not available in India. I am not saying this because I am also an owner. But do be careful of image retention issues with plasma (Prevent Image Retention and Burn-in).

Since you will be watching BD movies, I will advise ST50 because of:

- neoPDP panel
- infinite black pro filter
- 12,288 shades of gradation
- 5.5m: 1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 2500 Hz focussed field drive

The ST50 is one of the best plasmas out there. It matches the performance of GT50 and last year's VT30 when callibrated and is real value for money. It beats almost all TVs out there save the top end VT50 model which is not available in India. I am not saying this because I am also an owner. But do be careful of image retention issues with plasma (Prevent Image Retention and Burn-in).
:thumbsup:

+1 for justforkix................I would go with ST50 for sure, hard to find another tv with the same performance level for the price!!!

Yes.it is really hard to find with the dealers;) This is the reason I am afraid to suggest it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back