HD900B Latest Firmware!

Hi,

have updated the firmware and dont see much of a difference as compared to ofw, loading time/boot is almost same and also core navigation is same apart from blue background with thick buttons, let me know if you feel any difference.

Post fw update plugged my hdd and it was ready to go didnt faced any update issues.

Thanks..

Hi,

have updated the firmware and dont see much of a difference as compared to ofw, loading time/boot is almost same and also core navigation is same apart from blue background with thick buttons, let me know if you feel any difference.

Post fw update plugged my hdd and it was ready to go didnt faced any update issues.

Thanks..

yes; i was going to post that boot-time would be the same; however, the only differences i've noticed so far are:

1. 'eject' feature for USB-drives seems quicker
2. volume seems low
3. a few more settings under 'misc' in set-up
4. YAMJ option missing (i think my last FW had it)

am now going to try a bast castle FW.

Can u post link to download bast castle ? Have not noticed if same was there in your folders.

a) https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=hGZ5U6LnJLYaY7cKdj8Q+GFEEgz023sdOa0yeRXKcAU=

(this one may result in the front LED display to not show info properly)

b) slightly older version; second link in the first post on the following page - moServices • View topic - HiMedia 900B

this has no issues with the display.

c) another link - My Files (first on the page)

i will try the one in point b)

BTW, installed YAMJ in the present FW (v1.04.20) and its working good.

a) https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=hGZ5U6LnJLYaY7cKdj8Q+GFEEgz023sdOa0yeRXKcAU=

(this one may result in the front LED display to not show info properly)

b) slightly older version; second link in the first post on the following page - moServices • View topic - HiMedia 900B

this has no issues with the display.

c) another link - My Files (first on the page)

i will try the one in point b)

BTW, installed YAMJ in the present FW (v1.04.20) and its working good.

Hi,

Just check HM website, it says 1.0.5.7 OFW but its in tar.gz file no zip available, did u got time to check on this one....

tks for all

Hi,

Just check HM website, it says 1.0.5.7 OFW but its in tar.gz file no zip available, did u got time to check on this one....

tks for all

sorry for the late reply! got caught in work in between.
the tar.gz file could be opened using 7zip or peazip, or perhaps winrar too. not very keen on using an OFW, as most earlier ones were reported to be either the same as their preceding versions, or/and carrying glitches, chinese language symbols, etc. but can check it prior flashing the Bast Castle FW. let know what all parameters you would like me to test on that OFW.

Hi,

I did installed ofw 1.0.5 and it runs better then previous version, have not tried bast castle yet will be trying the same in few days.

Hi,

I did installed ofw 1.0.5 and it runs better then previous version, have not tried bast castle yet will be trying the same in few days.

ok nice. what was the version of your previous firmware?

also, had you received any USB 3.0 cable with the box of the player?

Wow, so there are another HD900B living users :D

I'm using firmware with MoS (Bast Castle v1.04 Mod3 with HiHat home mod).

I was trying to merge it with HiMedia firmware to have working display and so on... maybe anyone is still working to develop somehow HiMedia firmware?

Also I have strange problem with network. After a while, when downloading using Transmission, player's network is crashing. I cant access player, and of course I cant open anything from internet.
Using player browser, I've opened /var/log/messages file but did not find anything suspicious... any ideas where to look for error ?

Wow, so there are another HD900B living users :D

I'm using firmware with MoS (Bast Castle v1.04 Mod3 with HiHat home mod).

I was trying to merge it with HiMedia firmware to have working display and so on... maybe anyone is still working to develop somehow HiMedia firmware?

Also I have strange problem with network. After a while, when downloading using Transmission, player's network is crashing. I cant access player, and of course I cant open anything from internet.
Using player browser, I've opened /var/log/messages file but did not find anything suspicious... any ideas where to look for error ?

sorry, no experience with that bast castle FW that you have. however, I have listed its version which doesn't botch up the front-panel display in my earlier post. you could try that.

moreover, I seem to recollect having seen an OllyP firmware in which transmission runs fine and doesn't crash or makes the player crash. will look it up.

Hi,

did you try the bast castle FW? give it a try. its very nice! different UI, and many more settings/options thrown in. just the front panel display won't work.

hi,

am gonna download the bs files from ur link and gonna install it tonite and shall post my comments.

Cheers!!!!!!

did you try the bast castle FW? give it a try. its very nice! different UI, and many more settings/options thrown in. just the front panel display won't work.

Hey just tried, it shows installation screen and all but post that it turns complete green screen, tried rebooting as well as reinstalling but it ends with complete green screen !!!

Hey just tried, it shows installation screen and all but post that it turns complete green screen, tried rebooting as well as reinstalling but it ends with complete green screen !!!
srrange! had you tried the FW linked to in point 'a' of my post no. 24? and you had you used the 'safe upgrade' procedure?

Any one has idea, where can I get Himedia players in India ? I am using it and very comfortable need it for my friend.

HD900B Firmware with YAMJ

Hi. Could you tell me which is the best firmware that includes YAMJ and where to download it ?

Thank you.

hello!
the link was in my earlier post, but anyway, here it is again:

My Files
My apologies for replying to this slightly dated thread.

@TheSeeker, do you know who made the CS series of mods back in the day?

I like the 1185 PNI 170R mods, the "newest" being CS_v2.0.3c_PNI_170R_v4_22.

However, I was wondering why the mod disables the "skip" buttons (-10sec and +30sec) on the original PNI 170R remote?

v4.22 was the second to last version of the 1185 PNI 170R factory firmware.

I'm thinking of using the CS_v2.0.3c_PNI_170R_v4_22 firmware as a template to modify the last version of the 1185 PNI 170R (from 01/2014). But I won't bother if the "skip" buttons can't be restored. So, if you know why they don't work in the CS mod, please let me know. Thanks!

And thanks also for keeping an archive of all of those old files!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back